Quilt Help

Just got back from a backcountry fishing trip and which has been the case for the las 10 years didnt sleep well. I just cant seem to get comfy in a mummy bag. Too hot too cold and being a side sleeper just cant seem to get a good nigh sleep. The zen bivy caught my eye but I have 0 experience with these hell never even seen one in hand. Any recommendations? Be mostly for archery elk and mule deer (rifle as well) backpack trips thanks a bunch?

I am not familiar with zen bivy, but I’ve been using enlightened equipment quilts for several years. Paired with a thick sleeping pad, a quilt is the best way sleep on the ground IMO. It’s all lighter than a comparable sleeping bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
B
Would u suggest a 0 or 10 degree bag. Ive had temps in teens to 70 elk hunting. I have a neo air pad now. Thanks for the help

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have an EE Revelation 0* quilt and I have used it from the low teens to the mid 60's and was fine. If I got to hot I just vented the side.

gumbl3

WKR
The quilt is awesome for the reasons mentioned above. Only place I've seen zen bivy pop up has been on social media ads so I'd be real leery about quality there. E.E. makes a good one.

I always use down, but I think some guys like synthetic.

Make sure your Neo Air is rated appropriately for the weather you'll be in. If it worked for you with a sleeping bag, it will probably work for you with a quilt.

Be careful: EE has some long lead times. Check their premade and clearance offerings if you need one quickly. Give them a call too. I think they update their clearance and scratch and dent the same day each week (tuesday, maybe?).

I use a zero degree EE quilt and hoodlum for every trip now. Vents for comfort and never unable to sleep cuz I'm cold. USE THE STRAPS! They keep out drafts.