Rain Gear...Which one?

Luked

WKR
Last year was my first time hunting out west. Thought I was pretty well prepared gear wise, which for the most part I was.
While doing my gear research etc most people were saying for the early archery season it dosent rain hardly at all, and if it does its just a small light shower and then its done.
Well typical my luck we got a rain storm that lasted about a day and a half. So I was soaked to the bone with pretty much nothing else dry for gear. My tent I was using condensated so bad I could not get anything dry. So was a pretty miserable last couple of days for us. Even my buddy that I went with who is a pretty experienced hunter out west was beat down.
So now I am wanting to get a good set of rain gear. If I dont need it so be it but at least I will have it.
I just dont know which to get.
I have heard a lot of good things about the Kuiu Chugach gear.
I have also seen the Sitka Downpour gear.
Both are fairly comparable as far as price.
Which would you all suggest.

UncleBone

WKR
The Kryptek Tora seems to have really good reviews here. I am looking at getting that, or a forloh set. Forloh is made in USA, which is awesome. I had the sitka stormfront pants, and hated those, but don't have experience with any others. I have had some cheap redhead turkey rain gear that I have been using for almost 7 years. But being in Colorado, it doesn't get used often so is in decent shape.

I have the Marmot Precip rain jacket and its been my GoTo for Colorado hiking and hunting. You must have gone out when we did last year because it rained pretty good for about 2 days. The Marmot jacket has pit zips too which are essential for active hunting. Marmot also makes Precip pants that zip off but I have not tried them. I also recommend getting some Nikwax spray or wash in treatment for extra beading.

Almost anything Arcteryx if you don’t want camo and want to wear around town and @ other sporting events - I’ve used them for 20 years and great warranty and supreme quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junior

WKR
Selling a brand new arcteryx beta AR size medium. I’m keeping the large. Send me a message if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
When my First Lite rain gear wears out ill be sticking with Arcteryx. Mainly because I can use it for all other purposes and not just hunting.

Casey F

FNG
I was in a short notice situation last season and picked up the badlands bail jacket and pants.....really like it.
Packable
Light
Works great

Sand Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
I'm really happy with Kuiu Chugach, been using that for 3 years. I wear it a lot as a wind shell, very comfortable and well ventilated. I'm also considering picking up a Sea to Summit poncho tarp, I think it would be great to have another layer over me and my pack while I'm hunkered down riding out a heavy rain storm (like you, I have an almost supernatural ability to produce rain in the driest climates).

Bump79

WKR
I'm super impressed by the Pnuma 3L rain gear. I haven't put it through extreme use yet - but so far so good. For the price I don't think it can be beat. I would probably get a slightly heavier duty pant if I were to do it again as they take the most beating.

They have it in their outlet now. Use code Outlet15 & get it for $165.75

CMF

WKR
I have the Kuiu Northridge and like it. The pit zips are a nice feature.
I noticed in another thread comparing weights that my Northridge was about 5oz heavier than some model of a Sitka jacket, but not sure if they're compatible feature-wise. Just something to consider if you don't plan on using it much, lighter may be better.
I never added the Kuiu pants cause I already had some frog toggs(only 9oz) and most times I don't even pack them. There were a couple of days in CO last Sep. that I did.

NV6PK

FNG
Last year was my first time hunting out west. Thought I was pretty well prepared gear wise, which for the most part I was.
While doing my gear research etc most people were saying for the early archery season it dosent rain hardly at all, and if it does its just a small light shower and then its done.
Well typical my luck we got a rain storm that lasted about a day and a half. So I was soaked to the bone with pretty much nothing else dry for gear. My tent I was using condensated so bad I could not get anything dry. So was a pretty miserable last couple of days for us. Even my buddy that I went with who is a pretty experienced hunter out west was beat down.
So now I am wanting to get a good set of rain gear. If I dont need it so be it but at least I will have it.
I just dont know which to get.
I have heard a lot of good things about the Kuiu Chugach gear.
I have also seen the Sitka Downpour gear.
Both are fairly comparable as far as price.
Which would you all suggest.
If you are after durability, the Sitka Cloudburst or First Lite Omen Storm Shelter. If you are after lightweight/packable, the First Lite Vapor Stormlight is the ticket!