Range finder

I’m using a sig kilo 1600 right now. It’s treated me well so far. I’ve only had it since Christmas so I can’t speak to long term reliability. But it has behaved well in rainy weather and has all the features I wanted in a rangefinder first a good price.

I recently upgraded from a Nikon to the Sig Kilo 1600. It’s the least expensive in the Sig line to have the red illuminated display and retails for $250. You may find it on sale cheaper than that. I was looking at comparable Vortex models 1000, 1300 but their glass was blurry past 200 yards to my eyes.

Really happy with the Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m looking at getting a SIG as well. Good to see so many people like them and believe they’re worth It!

pirogue

WKR
I’ve managed contractors for over 30 years, on many multi-million dollar jobs. All the best used Leica distance measuring and survey equipment. The only brand of range finder I’ve ever bought.

Jimss

WKR
I didn't read through the posts but sure do love my Leica binos with rangefinder. It's great having all in one rather than having to deal with both! They came with a SD card that you can input your particular rifle for ballistics at different ranges....pretty cool stuff if you ask me!

I had a Leupold. I hated it. It had so many features when it came to settings and ballistics that I had to keep the dang manual in my pack! I’m a fan of their products too. The only scopes on any of my guns.

I left it on the ground in the Selway Bitterroot Wilderness at one point and didn’t even care. It never ranged as far as it was rated anyway.

So I had to decide between Swarovski and Leica. I have Swaro binos and spotting scope. I want to pay the price once and be done. I thought I did that when I bought the Leupold but no. I went with Leica about 8 years ago and I’m still happy with my choice. It’s rated to 1700 yards but I’ve actually ranged objects beyond 1800. Quick reading without pushing the button multiple times. Easy to use. Good battery life.

Snyder54

FNG
I had a Leupold TBR 1000i for several years and it was a good compact rangefinder. I now have a SIG KILO 2400BDX that I love. It has the ability to sync with my kestrel and give me ballistic data very quickly. Range is great and I can get good readings out to 2000+ yards. Way faster to acquire range than my Leupold was as well.

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Sig Kilo 2000. It ranges super fast in scan mode. Just hold down range button and it continues ranging. 0 issues with it.

Sig Kilo 2000. It ranges super fast in scan mode. Just hold down range button and it continues ranging. 0 issues with it.
Seems Sig Range Finders and Optics have really stepped things up the last few years as far as hunting goes.

TBass

FNG
For hunting I use a pair of Swarovski range finding binoculars.... it’s nice not having to carry a pair of binos AND a separate range finder. For just long range shooting, you can't beat a Vectronix Terrapin... it shocks me they types of targets and the range in which it is effective.

Sig kilo 1800 bdx. Got it for a steal under $200

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Nikon Monarch 3000 stabilized as my primary rangefinder. However, I also have an old-school
Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30 Laser Range Finder that is a tank.

Sig Kilo 2400

Ranges well out to 1000 yards, which is probably more than I would ever shoot while hunting.

The integrated ballistics program works well and gives me accurate information for adjusting my scope for range.

ctmillwo

FNG
I went for the Bushnell 1000 arc due to immediate availability, it’s served me somewhat well as I’m using it for archery practice. However, in the field I could see it having some issues getting accurate numbers. With this unit when I get to about 75 yards the target I use is smaller than the reticle and it causes some problems getting accurate numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk