Rangefinder recommendations

Dadams23

FNG
I am looking at getting a new rangefinder. Will be an all purpose rangefinder bow/rifle hunting as well as target shooting. Would like to have capabilities to range well beyond shooting distances. What rangefinders do you recommend and also recommend to stay away from. How do you feel about the units with ballistic solvers in the unit?

Units I’m currently considering are

Leica CRF Rangemaster 3500.COM
Maven RF.1
Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB

tibo

FNG
I have been using the Maven Rf1 for a year. It is great, does what you expect it to do. The glass is pretty good, I can still range target 30min after sunset. Only cons, it is a bit on the bulky side

lager

FNG
I have been very pleased with the Razor 4000 GB vs the leica 2400 that i was using.

OP
D

Dadams23

FNG
I have been using the Maven Rf1 for a year. It is great, does what you expect it to do. The glass is pretty good, I can still range target 30min after sunset. Only cons, it is a bit on the bulky side

Would you prefer this over something with a ballistics solver in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyjunky

WKR
What makes you prefer this over others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All around I think it’s the best on the market. I’ve had both sig (2) and Leica, the speed of the br4 is unmatched, both in distance and ballistic calc. There’s plenty of threads to search.

lager

FNG
I have used Leica for over 25 years with no problems, but the 2400 I have was giving me fits trying to range elk in the hayfields , on flat ground . The vortex 4000 didn’t give those issues. Beam difference I guess .