Rash and itchy after taking Yeti

BrentH

WKR
Just opened my can of Yeti and took it for the first time yesterday, and within minutes, the entire top half of my body was broken out into a rash and itchy, not to mention I felt like my skin was on fire. Called today and was told that it is a sign that my body is healthy, that it is a common phone call they get, and some people actually like that feeling. :confused: Was also told it was because I took it on an empty stomach. Nowhere in the product information does it mention taking it with food, or that you could look like you have a skin disease when you walk into the gym. I have taken other pre-workouts/NO boosters on an empty stomach, with no issues, and was told that it is because they lack a couple ingredients that are in Yeti. I workout in the morning, so I generally take my pre-workout on an empty stomach, because having a bunch of protein sitting in your belly before a workout is pointless. No offer for a refund since I purchased during the Black Friday sale. Was just told "that's how it's supposed to work." Guess I'll go back to buying my supplements from GNC.

Anybody else ever have this type of reaction?

Weekender

WKR
That sucks...sounds like allergic reaction to something. It would be nice for your info if you knew which ingredient it was so it doesn't happen in the future. One thing about supplement is they can be a little sketchy since they do very little testing. Best to stay with popular branded products.

BFM

FNG
Niacin flush?

Is there a rather large amount of Niacin (Vitamin B3) in it?

Just looked up label... 50mg of niacin.

OP might be sensitive to the stuff. It's very common in pre workouts and fairly common to cause itchy feeling under your skin.

Just ordered some for the mother in-law, she don't work out but I think she will like the feeling. Lol

OP
BrentH

BrentH

WKR
Niacin flush is what she called it. I have taken Cellucor C4 and NO Explode before without any side effects.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm not a doctor, but I sure wouldn't continue to take it. Sounds like some sort of adverse reaction........allergic or otherwise. I hear of supplement horror stories a lot, more specifically shutting down kidneys or livers.

Manosteel

WKR
Just looked up label... 50mg of niacin.

OP might be sensitive to the stuff. It's very common in pre workouts and fairly common to cause itchy feeling under your skin.

THIS!

Not a big deal as for me it goes away within a few hours. However, I don't take supplements with niacin anymore, including Yeti, which suck becuz it gave me a nice kick.

Beta Alanine is common in a lot of pre-workouts and can cause the itching/burning/tingling skin sensation, but any rash would be chalked up to the Niacin. Yeti has 1000 mg, which isn't a lot, but if you are sensitive to Beta Alanine is can really light you up. If it gets me I usually feel it in the face, but its short lived.

Just opened my can of Yeti and took it for the first time yesterday, and within minutes, the entire top half of my body was broken out into a rash and itchy, not to mention I felt like my skin was on fire. Called today and was told that it is a sign that my body is healthy, that it is a common phone call they get, and some people actually like that feeling. :confused: Was also told it was because I took it on an empty stomach. Nowhere in the product information does it mention taking it with food, or that you could look like you have a skin disease when you walk into the gym. I have taken other pre-workouts/NO boosters on an empty stomach, with no issues, and was told that it is because they lack a couple ingredients that are in Yeti. I workout in the morning, so I generally take my pre-workout on an empty stomach, because having a bunch of protein sitting in your belly before a workout is pointless. No offer for a refund since I purchased during the Black Friday sale. Was just told "that's how it's supposed to work." Guess I'll go back to buying my supplements from GNC.

Anybody else ever have this type of reaction?

WaArcher - You definitely experienced a niacin flush which stated above is a very common reaction when taking a pre-workout that contains niacin and Beta Alanine. It honestly reacts different with everyone and unfortunately it sounds like yours is on the more extreme side. This is one of the reasons we created Enduro which is the exact same as Yeti minus the caffeine, creatine, niacin and beta alanine. For those that need a cardio enhancer or endurance supplement without the "tingles". We do offer a 30 money back no questions asked guarantee so you are a little past the 30 days with purchasing it on our Black Friday Sale, that being said if you would like to try the Enduo I would be more than happy to swap bottles for you. Send me a PM and let me know if you would like to do this. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!

- Casey Harbertson