Razco Bino Harness Chest Holster Intial Impression

Parx

FNG
Hello All,

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Razco Bino Chest Holster. I have been trying to find a way to carry my sidearm while still being able to have my pack and bino harness, like many I have been trying all sorts of things to be able to get to my pistol quickly. First I tried it on my hip belt, but every time I dropped my pack I had no where to keep it and I didn't want to carry two holsters. The next setup was the Kenai Chest Holster, which was an awesome holster, but with a bino holster over it I couldnt reliably get to it. Then I saw the Razco on the FHF Site, always looking for new gear, I went and checked out there site.

Holsters Designed For The Outdoors | Juneau, AK | Razco

And found that this could be a solution. I ordered one and in it came today, here are some pics:

IMG_20180122_181309.jpg
IMG_20180122_182835.jpg
IMG_20180122_183350.jpg

So far I only have done dry draws and some running around. I was worried about how stable it would be, but it stays put and does not dig in when you bend over. So far I am loving this set up, draws are quick and easy to re holster, but will take it to the range and a hike this weekend to see how it feels after some miles.

FlyGuy

WKR
That looks like a great system. I normally do not carry a sidearm on mtn hunts, but I am doing my first hunt in Grizzly territory in early May. I hadn't come across this model yet when I ordered a Kenai chest holster to carry a new 480 Ruger Alaskan. If I had, I might have gone this way instead. (I have an AGC harness).

I wore the pistol/Kenai last week on an Aoudad hunt just to see how it felt and get used to it. I have it adjusted to ride down really low, so it ends up in about the same position as what you show here with the Razco. It sits against my stomach below the bino harness and I was very happy with it. It's two pieces of gear to climb in and out of, but that was a minor issue. Had no issues with it pinching or moving on me while climbing, glassing or stalking which was my big concern. Not sure if the Razco set up would increase the neck strain any with the weight of my revolver added to the bino harness straps? I didn't notice any with the very wide single band on the Kenai. (I wish the AGC had optional straps that ran off the back and down to your belt to keep it from sliding down on your chest)

I'll probably stick with what I have for now as I like the idea of still having my pistol on me at all times in Griz country, even if I had my bino harness off. But, I do like this Razco product and I'm sure it would cut a little weight off of my current system, so thanks for posting. Since I'm a gear junky, I may buy one of these anyway just to take a Pepsi challenge!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

mmw194287

WKR
Curious to hear more about how this feels in terms of weight, etc. I'm trying to choose between this and a Kenai, but I can't decide if it would be more cumbersome to have two sets of straps or one heavy rig. Any thoughts?

Did you have to see the loops onto the Bino harness for this to hook onto? How far apart are the hooks?

dotman

WKR
Was playing around you can do the exact same thing as this with a Blackhawk holster, strike plate and Kifaru guide lid attachments.

xkxleLp.jpg

OCRG5cW.jpg

GyOYdED.jpg

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
Hello All,

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Razco Bino Chest Holster. I have been trying to find a way to carry my sidearm while still being able to have my pack and bino harness, like many I have been trying all sorts of things to be able to get to my pistol quickly. First I tried it on my hip belt, but every time I dropped my pack I had no where to keep it and I didn't want to carry two holsters. The next setup was the Kenai Chest Holster, which was an awesome holster, but with a bino holster over it I couldnt reliably get to it. Then I saw the Razco on the FHF Site, always looking for new gear, I went and checked out there site.

Holsters Designed For The Outdoors | Juneau, AK | Razco

And found that this could be a solution. I ordered one and in it came today, here are some pics:

View attachment 65319
View attachment 65320
View attachment 65321

So far I only have done dry draws and some running around. I was worried about how stable it would be, but it stays put and does not dig in when you bend over. So far I am loving this set up, draws are quick and easy to re holster, but will take it to the range and a hike this weekend to see how it feels after some miles.
How does that universal holster fit onto the AGC harness?