***Recap 2014 Montana DIY Archery Hunt***

dihardhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great write-up and congratulations on the success! 2 dead elk and a reliable hunting partner. Neither come easy!

OP
Archerm

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone glad you are enjoying the write up from 2014. ! I love elk hunting and appreciate every day I can still make that climb.

I order mine from Amazon it is the Silk Road Citric Acid,(2 Lbs, 100% Pure, Powdered Crystals, Bulk, Food-grade) If I remember correctly it was $11. It is crystals so I carry 4 oz with me.I use 2 oz per qt or 1 oz per pint and one qt will do one Elk's worth of meat.The citric acid puts a nice skin on the meat and keeps the bacteria from starting and bugs away. Just bring a pint spray bottle with you and add 1oz per pint of water. Shake and dissolve the citric acid crystals. Then just spray the meat and let the meat cool down.

I did the exact same on my elk last fall.

OP
Archerm

Archerm

Lil-Rokslider
dangerousD I pack with a DT1 with bikini frame Absolutely love that pack.I always feel great while and after using. This was Danny's first trip and I loaned him a older Kelty of mine. I used to use the Kelty for local trips.
I'm also curios of the packs you guys had. Yours looks like a Kifaru T1 maybe?

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Enjoyed the read, congrats on the harvest, as well as finding a new partner,... any elk is a good elk, but a elk taken with a bow is hard earned.
Mike