Recommendation on best budget 15x56 Binos.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you saving up for more expensive binos. For those on a budget and looking for some good binoculars. If you have a good pair of chest binoculars and cannot afford a spotter. Or whatever situation your in. Pick up a pair on Cabela's Intensity HD 15x56. I was very surprised on the quality of this glass for $400 yes that is it. Very well made. Not very heavy. I glassed for weeks on end with these things here in Arizona and was very impressed. I could pick apart landscape for extended periods of time with limited eye strain. They blow vortex vultures out of the water. Try them out. Buy them online you have 60days to return them if you need to. Best bang for your buck 15x56's. Must put them on a tripod.

Thomas11

WKR
That’s kinda what I’ve been looking for but I don’t see them on cabelas site? All I see is 12s and smaller

Sorry to bring up a thread from the dead, but I’m curious if OP or anyone who bought these has a long term review on the 15x56 Intensity HDs now that they’ve been out for a while. It’s hard to find many non-biased (i.e. non-sponsored reviews for these). Thanks!

WRM

WKR
Doubt it's Meopta. They did make some branded for Cabela's a few years back when they first came out with their 15 x 56s, but they were still well North of $1k.

I'd be a little suspect of the longevity at that price point. Something has to suffer in quality when you dip that low.

ghost338

FNG
I tried and returned the intensity 15x56. While I found the center of the glass clear, crisp, with good color, the full edge to edge clarity was terrible. I estimated roughly half of the FOV was usable because of a wide and very blurry ring of "edge distortion". Perhaps these issues were just on the binos I tried, but the experience was so underwhelming, I wasn't interested in trying a second pair. YMMV.

WRM

WKR
I tried and returned the intensity 15x56. While I found the center of the glass clear, crisp, with good color, the full edge to edge clarity was terrible. I estimated roughly half of the FOV was usable because of a wide and very blurry ring of "edge distortion". Perhaps these issues were just on the binos I tried, but the experience was so underwhelming, I wasn't interested in trying a second pair. YMMV.

What I would expect at that price point.

I didn’t see any indication of who they’re made by. It does say made in China.
I picked them up on sale last week. They just came in and I think they’ll work for me. My other binoculars are Nikon Prostaff 7s 8x42 so I can’t compare to really high quality glass. From initial testing, they seem about as clear as my Nikons but at a much higher magnification which I think is an indication of better glass. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I also noticed the lack of clarity at the edges but it’s not half the field of view on my pair. I still need to pick up a tripod to see if some of that is just from my unsteadiness with the 15s.