Red Dot Recommendations for Muzzy?

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to put a red dot on my muzzloader

Thinking of an enclosed unit with a 1 or 2 MOA dot size.

Already have a pic rail in my muzzy, so mounting is easy,

Was looking at the Leupold Freedom RDS, but was thinking of trying to get a reticle with a hold over or two for shooting past 100 yards.

Any recommendations? Not super worried about price, but would rather not spend a mortgage payment. I just want something simple, durable, and reliable.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
The Leupold RDS 223 has hold over marks but don't know how well it would line up with ML speeds.
I am looking to do the same and have both the RDS and the Sig Romeo 5, both set up for a rail and the Romeo 5 may work with irons also. Washington is now allowing 1x scopes or red dots on muzzleloaders and Utah just restricted to the same.

OP
S

Sundodger

Lil-Rokslider
The Leupold RDS 223 has hold over marks but don't know how well it would line up with ML speeds.
I am looking to do the same and have both the RDS and the Sig Romeo 5, both set up for a rail and the Romeo 5 may work with irons also. Washington is now allowing 1x scopes or red dots on muzzleloaders and Utah just restricted to the same.

Looking at Leopold's site, it doesn't seem to have a holdover, it has a dial. Any recommendations for red dots with hold overs in the retical?

I like the very reasonable Romeo 5 also.

That has one of those mounts that looks like it's on stilts, I am looking for something that mounts down low. Do you have any other recomondations?

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
The Romeo 5 comes with both a high mount and low mount, the low sits about the same as a scope on the rail.
Haven't seen a Red Dot with hold over, was thinking the RDS did, but can see now that it is a dial. Maybe find something with a dot and a circle and use the bottom of the circle?

Last edited: