Refilling butane/propane mixed canisters with straight butane?

I've been using a Pocket Rocket for a few years now after using white gas stoves my whole life. I would like to refill the canisters and have see the rig that is used to transfer between the 2 canisters as well as the one that is used to refill them from a bulk butane can. Curious if anyone has experience with filling them with butane? Are there issues running straight butane? What is the advantage of the mix over straight butane? Will the stove perform differently, especially at elevation?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The straight butane doesn't vaporize as well, esp. in the cold thus POOR stove performance. The portion of propane that is in there carries the butane along with it to burn it. Straight propane would technically burn the best BUT requires a thicker canister thus they do the mixtures which can be contained in a thinner wall container.

This all assumes you're using an upright canister stove which burns the vapor, if you are using an inverted one that burns the liquid then running off butane is less of an issue.

OP
seldomseensmith
The straight butane doesn't vaporize as well, esp. in the cold thus POOR stove performance. The portion of propane that is in there carries the butane along with it to burn it. Straight propane would technically burn the best BUT requires a thicker canister thus they do the mixtures which can be contained in a thinner wall container.

This all assumes you're using an upright canister stove which burns the vapor, if you are using an inverted one that burns the liquid then running off butane is less of an issue.

Exactly the info I needed. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk