Release

Greg Beck

WKR
Looking for some advice on a release. Just bought a Bear Encounter the other day and looking for a release. I have shot recurve for a few years. I have shot compounds on and off but never owned one. I have shot with a Carter, Scott, and Cabelas release. I liked the Carter and Scott but can't remember which model they were. I can't afford a Carter right now as I am getting into this on a tight budget. I found a Scott Shark on Ebay for $46. That is right in my price range. Any other ideas or thought. Open to all ideas other than ones with spending more money than I can afford to right now:D.

For a wrist strap spot hogg wise guy and hamskea droptine are my 2 favorite. You can find then used in ebay for aroun 60-70 bucks. Well worth the price in my opinion, hand held carter and Stan are probably the top two. Scott and zenith make good hinges along with the other two.

I shot a Scott rhino xt for a while and then went to a spot hogg wise guy. Little out of that price range but well worth it in my opinion. Beat the heck out of that Scott.
If I had to shoot another release it would be a carter quickie or rx.
Not a huge fan of archery talk, but if you are a member you can usually find some good deals on good releases in the classifieds.

Depends on the type of hunting you do, but personally I have tried 4-5 different styles and settled in on a closed caliper buckle wrist sling release. I like to clip it on and not worry about it falling off it maintaining pressure on it while waiting for an elk to blow in or when taking a last step or two to get I to proper position. I have tied most of the names above and all will do just fine IMO.

Classifieds on archery talk are a great way to find discounted slightly used releases IMO.

Back