Reloading 7mm Rem Mag

Ryno

FNG
Sorry if this is a repeat post, I looked thru and didnt see one. Any favorite loads out there from anyone reloading the 7mm Mag? Im all geared up to start trying some with 160 grain Nosler Accu-bonds and some 160 grain Partitions. I have tried several types of factory ammunition and havent been pleased with how my Ruger Mark II shoots with them.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey ryno,
My 7mm really likes rl-19, alot of people have had good success with retumbo and rl-22 though. That powder is probably more suited for the task but every gun is different. You should try them all.

packer58

WKR
I'm a big fan of Retumbo when loading for my 7 mag. Running the 160 gr. Nosler AB's at 3,050 fps and very accurate. Like Dr stated, try different combinations and you'll come up with a winner.

OP
Ryno

Ryno

FNG
Thanks guys. When testing rounds, how many do you usually make up of the same load to check consistency? 5?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys. When testing rounds, how many do you usually make up of the same load to check consistency? 5?

I load 10 of each of whatever I'm testing at different grains. That allows for a fouler and 3,3 shot groups then average them. The tenth also allows for that"ah I pulled that one" mess up.

ST52v

WKR
Wow! Nice shooting! I hope my new t3 7mag shoots half that. Have you found that load to shoot in others t3's as well? I have some 168 bergers in the regular hunting vlds and the classic hunters. Have you ever tried those?

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
I use Retumbo with my 168 bergers in the same rifle and get 2930 from it with about the same group as above, <1" at 220 yds.