Remington mountain rifle thoughts?

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I saw this. $600 more than what I could get mine new from a store. Probably why there is zero bids! For a second I thought about re selling the one I ordered but I don’t want to be that guy!
Yeah the only new ones I’ve been able to locate are in that price range, weather or not they are actually worth that is to be determined.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up my REM mountain stainless 5 years back.

It was a toss up between the 7mm-08 and the 6.5CM and I chose the 7mm-08.

I have mine topped with a Leupold VX3 4.5x14x40 CDS. Its a pleasure to shoot for sure and is a tackdriver. That said, I did have my local smith touch up the crown, bedding, and set my trigger pull before it was ever fired.

Done a few backpack hunts with it where its wet all the time and had no issues, rifle has held up very well. Shake the water off it at the end of the day and it's ready to go the next.

BrandonH

FNG
I have this same rifle in 7-08 topped with a 3.5-10 silver leupold vari xiii..great handling rifle.. in this day and age- the price you are paying is a good one

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy has this in 25-06 and loves it. Took a nice buck last year with it.

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had one in 280 Rem for about 7 years. It's not the most accurate rifle but it's good enough for reasonable hunting ranges. I've killed 4 deer with it, the farthest shot being 140 yards. I don't think you're wrong for holding out for the 7mm-08, I think the 7mm cartridges just hit harder. But that's just me non scientific opinion lol

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
If you do not buy that rifle you will make someone else very happy.

I have a stainless Mtn. Rifle and am very happy with it for it's intended purpose. You could easily screw on a 7-08 barrel later if you want one.

I bought a 280 and didn’t care for the B&C stock. It felt chunky through the wrist. I sold the stock and put it in a McMillan EDGE. Now its....its....INCREDIBLE!