Remove trashy ass CHRISTENSEN logo

sndmn11

WKR
I'd clean any coating off with a bench grinder and wire wheel, then take some JB weld and fill in the engraving. Run a rubber band over it all the smooth it flush, then paint woth cerakoted, duracoat, or krylon and it might look great.

Felix40

WKR
My fft doesnt have that. You could probably trade it out for one of these floor plates. It would be lighter too

SloppyJ

WKR
In the mean time, bust out the sharpie. I saw a ton of them at a recent gun show and really didn't like how that stuck out so much on the floor plate. The only appealing item to me was the carbon barrel and I decided that if I wanted one that bad, I'd just rebarrel one of my existing rifles with a proof.

crgchck

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, I may get some flack but I just picked up a CA Mesa from a Cabelas for cheap. It seems OK but man that trashy ass logo on the bottom of the magazine cannot survive long term.

Assuming this has bothered other people, has anyone else tried scrubbing it off / replacing it that eyesore. View attachment 540890
The little harbour freight sand blasters are super handy. Blast it and leave it the raw blasted aluminum. Remington 700 bottom metal is an exact fit.. or at least mine have been.

grfox92

WKR
There is an R700 bottom metal for a short action in the classifieds right now. Not sure what calibers yours is.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Bit late to have an issue with it as it did not miraculously appear post-purchase...

Apply several coats of animal blood and then do custom pin-striping from using it in the field.

EJFS

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't you know that for giving top dollar as a paying customer you get the privilege of being an unpaid employee in their marketing and advertising department?

mflo

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I replaced my CA bottom metal because their logo does look super cheap. Did it with a Mesa Precision bottom metal when I got the Mesa Stock.

I didn't replace the rifle because it's a shooter.