RESOLING

enoakes

FNG
How often do you resole your boots? I know everyone is different but let's say I'm a pretty avid hunter and I do lots of hiking. Would you resole or just buy a new pair of boots?

Resole

I generally like having two pair of good boots. I have a set of Kenetrek mountain extreme non-insulated and Lowa tibets. The Kenetrek are needing heels, I will change them to vibram soles. (Disclaimer dads a cobbler and I worked for him for 6 years during college) So I will always buy boots that can be repaired.

My Lowa Tibets are 11 years old. Resoled twice, probably over 5 pairs of insoles, and laces when worn. I also dyed them black for work boots. The insides are finally going.

Ordered a set of Crispi Nevada boots to replace them.

I have had a couple re-sole'd so I could pass them down to my kids till one of them jumped from size 10 to 13!. Usually get 2 years out before I trash a pair...but I get to hike pretty much every weekend. Crispi Idaho & kennetrek have been my go to.

Damage

FNG
My limmer lightweights had about 5000 Trail miles when I had a local cobbler put on new vibrant soles. Started pulling up tge stitching. Even called the lightweight, they're still a heavy, all leather sewn down sole boot.