Reveal X Settings Question

Warrior10

FNG
Looking to find a setting where I can just get 1-2 pictures per day, at certain times, from my camera. Do not want any motion activated pictures. Using the camera to check livestock water during the summer/off-season.

Any suggestions on how I can play around the the settings and accomplish this?

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to find a setting where I can just get 1-2 pictures per day, at certain times, from my camera. Do not want any motion activated pictures. Using the camera to check livestock water during the summer/off-season.

Any suggestions on how I can play around the the settings and accomplish this?
The only way to do what you want is to utilize the twice daily check in picture. The camera only works based on motion and body heat. That is how it activates and takes a picture. There is no self check photo option on the reveal X. You could set up a time for the camera to work but it would still require motion or body heat to activate it taking a picture.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
W

Warrior10

FNG
The only way to do what you want is to utilize the twice daily check in picture. The camera only works based on motion and body heat. That is how it activates and takes a picture. There is no self check photo option on the reveal X. You could set up a time for the camera to work but it would still require motion or body heat to activate it taking a picture.

Thanks for the reply. This is basically what I had concluded. There probably is no way to utilize the "check in picture" function only, is there?

Or can I set the "working timer" to a small window, say 10 minutes and manually request check in pictures during that time?

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply. This is basically what I had concluded. There probably is no way to utilize the "check in picture" function only, is there?

Or can I set the "working timer" to a small window, say 10 minutes and manually request check in pictures during that time?
Your check in pictures are usually just random times, but you could set up a working timer so it only works during a specific time

OP
W

Warrior10

FNG
Your check in pictures are usually just random times, but you could set up a working timer so it only works during a specific time

Thanks for the replies. This morning I set the settings as discussed above: minimal working timer range and check in picture on.

So far 2 of the 3 cameras have sent me a check in picture. It appears they still will come at random times and not during the "working timer range" but at least they still send and accomplish my goal for the most part.

I'll test it for a few more days before I stick them out and rely on them.

Thanks again

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
The daily check in pictures will be at the same time every 12 hours, but the times for each camera may be at different times.