ridgeline ring hight???

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
Well I just ordered a CA Ridgeline in 300 WM. I plan on putting a Zeiss V6 3-18X50mm on it using a precision hardcore gear 20moa base paired with their Ranger Tactical Rings. My question is can anyone tell me what ring height I need to order? I could figure it out my self but have neither rifle or scope in hand yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

I have never heard of those rings, maybe you have your mind made up? I have a ridgeline on the way and I am planning on using Hawkins hybrid’s. It’s a solid one piece ring and base setup like a Talley, but on a whole other planet, should be a few oz’s lighter than your ring and rail setup as well. Has 25moa can’t built into them and a bubble level. I have a set on another gun already and they are nice, I encourage you to look into those before making up your mind.

Laqua3030

FNG
I have a Ridgeline as well. I went with Seekins 34mm High Rings (1 inch). They are mounted to a 20 MOA Seekins rail. The combo works great for my 3-17x50 optic. No clearance issues. Enough room for my flip up scope cap. I'm guessing the gap between the scope cap and barrel is between a quarter and half inch. Not at home to measure. I wouldn't change anything measurement wise.

Typically with sporter contour barrels and a picatinny rail you can't get rings too low unless the objective bell bumps into the rail. With thicker carbon barrels there is less room for error. I'd bet medium height rings are fine and you could likely get by with lows.

OP
hntnnut

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the replies, I spoke to the guys at Precision Hardcore Gear and asked them. They said the lows will work with room to spare with my application. Also they gave me the specs for their Ranger 30mm rings lows are .86" from rail to scope centerline and the meds. are 1.0"

Richard