Rifle suggestions - Gift to my son.

I am so glad that your son's migrains have lessened. I've only had one in my entire life and it crippled me for 2 days. He's a stronger man than me for sure. I would recommend a Cooper model made in Montana. You can still find them on GunBroker. I purchased one about 7 years ago; a model 52 that I've loved like no other gun. The triggers are excellent, the barrels are match grade and the stocks are superb. Plus, its not a run of the mill gun.... like your son.. he's an above average young man that has endured a test that would wreck most peoples lives. God bless

OP
MEP

MEP

FNG
Reviving an old thread. He got screwed on is BSEE as they dropped the one class he needed to wrap it up. That brings us to today. He will be getting his Masters in December!

That and now I am in a different place financially and now looking to do a custom rifle build for him. Whoever we ultimately choose, will fly out to let him drool and pick his poison. The funny part is, he says his current rifles are fine. I think he doesn't want us to spend money on him. He currently has a 7mm mag and a .243. I will talk him into something so, I need to find between 3 and 5 good custom rifle builders, such as APR, to work with. I have read great things about APR but want to get him more choices. He is not into modern hardware, he likes the traditional rifles.

I respect the folks who are nominating the Weatherby's, Tika's and Howa's but, I want this to be special. Build it together, so to speak. Yes I am good with my hands but, I want a professional who knows what they are doing build it. And yes, Fierce is out as well...

If you have read all the posts, I think you will agree that he has earned it. Again, you guys are great and appreciate the depth of knowledge here!

OP
MEP

MEP

FNG
That will be in the plans next year. He still has classes this fall so that is out. We both have a bunch of bonus points for deer here in AZ so we have a choice of some outstanding hunts. North Rim or going down south for coues deer. Also would not mind getting him out on an antelope hunt as we have never been drawn. It has been 5 years since we have been out together, would love to christen his new rifle with him on a great hunt.