Rimfire suppressor

Was talking to my buddy today about ordering a ultra 7 and a takedown 22.He’s has a bunch of guns and said the one recommendation he would give is to get two rimfires.He said it’s buy far the most used.He did have a good point,he said when he’s in the woods plinking or hunting with his 22 he always has his 22 pistol.

only 2 rimfire cans?........ Shirley, you jest.
IMG_2165.JPG

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a dead air mask 22 and the banish 22. Both are nice, I’m not convinced that it makes much difference on a bolt action rifle compared to a pistol and the banish 22 is lighter than the mask but apparently the mask is one of the best out there. Eventually I’ll order a thunderbeast takedown 22 but it’s not a priority at this point.

I honestly don’t know which one I like better, the banish 22 has worked well for the year I’ve had it and I have no complaints about it. I got the mask out of curiosity and I can’t tell a difference sound wise. Rimfire suppressor technology seems to be pretty good these days. If you care about first round pop or shoot a pistol a lot it would make more of a difference. For me, only shooting bolt action rifles with sub sonic ammo, I honestly can’t say that I’d notice a difference between my mask and the banish if I didn’t see which one I was using.

Last edited:

wesfromky

WKR
I have had a DA mask for a few months and like it enough that I just ordered a 2nd to put on a .22 pistol.

B23

WKR
Rimfire suppressors are like opening a bag of potato chips, you can't just have one.

Shooting 17 and 22 rimfires suppressed just adds to the fun of shooting them. Even though they really aren't that loud to start with when you screw a can on the end of one and go to shooting them suppressed it magically multiplies the fun factor. I strongly suggest getting a rimfire can that is 5.7x28 and 17 Hornet rated, which many are now, because they too are so much fun to shoot suppressed.

Lawnboi

WKR
What do you shoot more?

Rimfire suppressors are cool and I can see multiple if you plink a lot with them but other than that it’s something that seems neat, but really does not transform the shooting experience.

Versus a centerfire suppressor which you get noise, recoil and concussion cut back.

It is nice shooting rimfire without ears though. On a 22 I don’t think it’s a big deal, it’s neat but really unless you have an area where you shoot often without ear pro then it’s just that. On something like a 17 hmr for pest control it can’t be beat though.

I just got a Liberty Precision Spark. It’s one of the better .22 suppressors out there. I’m going to get either a Mask or TBAC to compare it against.

Its definitely way more enjoyable now.

wesfromky

WKR
A 22lr dosnt do much of either of those. But as I said one on a magnum/hmr changes the shooting experience a lot.
With suppressed subsonic ammo there is a very noticeable difference vs standard .22 ammo without a can. Like a totally different experience, at least it is for me.

Lawnboi

WKR
With suppressed subsonic ammo there is a very noticeable difference vs standard .22 ammo without a can. Like a totally different experience, at least it is for me.
I’m simply saying, the pop of a 22, in a rifle particularly, sub or not, is not enough to induce a flinch. Reason why most put their kids behind a 22lr first.

As opposed to a centerfire, a suppressor brings it down to something easier to overcome in your head, when it comes to the reaction to the rifle; ie sound, blast and concussion.

I’m not talking about less noise being more enjoyable as obviously it is, but the overall experience shooting whatever you are suppressed.

I’m not arguing that rimfire cans are not a blast. I’m simply stating that on a 22lr, they are a novelty and other than making it a no ear pro rifle, reallu does not do much to make the overall shooting experience any better or easier…. Because shooting a 22lr is already about as mild as you can get.

I own multiple rimfire cans, and beyond 17hmr vermin duty I think they are a novelty at best.