Rod blank (fly conventional) group buy N Fork ONE DAY ONLY 4/2

sndmn11

WKR
North Fork Composites has a builder sale happening right now for any 10 blanks delivered for ~$640. This is Gary Loomis new company. The blanks are outstanding and I have built on 3wt to 12wt of their gamma series and caught brookies to shark.

I am wondering if anyone wants to do a group buy? Shipped to me, I'd ship out to you, etc. I could possibly build your rod as well if we can work out the additional. ANY blank, conventional or fly. https://northforkcomposites.com/

I have 3 spoken for.

PXL_20201213_153409908.jpgPXL_20201217_154118896.jpgPXL_20220228_171314596.jpgPXL_20201216_012934105.jpg

Skook

FNG
Thank you for the heads-up and offer to coordinate. I don't see the builder sale details on NFC's website. Is this an invitation-only type sale that you were notified of?

I could be in for two or three blanks, but it all depends on how much the additional cost would be to have them shipped to me. I appreciate that you can wrap them, but I'm not wanting to pay for three blanks and builds at the moment, so shipping is probably unavoidable.

Please let me know what you think, and I'll try to follow along.

Nice rods!

Edited to Add:

I no longer participate in electronic payment methods such as PayPal, so I would send you a personal check or USPS money order. You could, of course, hang onto the blanks until payment cleared. Also, I can refer you to other forums where I am a long-standing member and have purchased member items through the forum classifieds without incident.

Last edited:
OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Thank you for the heads-up and offer to coordinate. I don't see the builder sale details on NFC's website. Is this an invitation-only type sale that you were notified of?

I could be in for two or three blanks, but it all depends on how much the additional cost would be to have them shipped to me. I appreciate that you can wrap them, but I'm not wanting to pay for three blanks and builds at the moment, so shipping is probably unavoidable.

Please let me know what you think, and I'll try to follow along.

Nice rods!

Edited to Add:

I no longer participate in electronic payment methods such as PayPal, so I would send you a personal check or USPS money order. You could, of course, hang onto the blanks until payment cleared. Also, I can refer you to other forums where I am a long-standing member and have purchased member items through the forum classifieds without incident.

I'll PM you.

For others, yes it was an invite email for having built a certain number of their blanks.

Firehawk

WKR
sndmn11, I wish I had seen this earlier. I am looking to build another rod or two this summer. I built a 10' 6wt from NFC last fall and it is a beautiful blank. trying to decide if I am going to build a 9' 6 wt or 5 wt next. But I won't be deciding for another week or so.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
sndmn11, I wish I had seen this earlier. I am looking to build another rod or two this summer. I built a 10' 6wt from NFC last fall and it is a beautiful blank. trying to decide if I am going to build a 9' 6 wt or 5 wt next. But I won't be deciding for another week or so.

I think with yours it would be close to ten. I'll keep an eye on my email because they regularly extend sales.

F 590-4 gamma alpha

The 5wt Gamma Beta seems a little stiff and I want more of a true 5wt compared to a strong 5-6. Unless anyone has fished both and has other opinions?

What are your thoughts on distributing all this once they arrive? Estimated price for us with shipping and packaging costs?

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

F 590-4 gamma alpha

The 5wt Gamma Beta seems a little stiff and I want more of a true 5wt compared to a strong 5-6. Unless anyone has fished both and has other opinions?

What are your thoughts on distributing all this once they arrive? Estimated price for us with shipping and packaging costs?
It's probably $15-20 to ship and buy a box. I am assuming everyone would be choosing a 4 piece or in a few rare instances I think there are 3 pieces. I shipped a compound bow insured for several hundred last week for $20.78 via UPS.

I have made a few alpha 5wts, one alpha 6wt, and a few beta 6wts. I think the alpha sounds more to your liking.

Firehawk

WKR
F590-4 Gamma Beta for me.
F690-4 Gamma Beta for my buddy.

If that is possible still.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Skook

FNG
Sorry for the confusion. I guess they are just Gamma Alpha models as you have pointed out. I went to the NFC website and then clicked on the link to their catalogue. In the "Hyperlinked Catalogue", on page 38, both Gamma rod types are followed by the "LMX" designation.

Not sure if this link will work for you. The "Fly Blanks" tab is down toward the bottom of the catalogue:

NFC Catalogue

Last edited:
OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Sorry for the confusion. I guess they are just Gamma Alpha models as you have pointed out. I went to the NFC website and then clicked on the link to their catalogue. In the "Hyperlinked Catalogue", on page 38, both Gamma rod types are followed by the "LMX" designation.

Not sure if this link will work for you. The "Fly Blanks" tab is down toward the bottom of the catalogue:

NFC Catalogue

Ok, got it!

@Adipose, (I think?) we are at 7 blanks total without yours.
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 9.37.32 AM.png

@Skook @Firehawk @Hunt_Jefferson

Last edited:

Skook

FNG
A big thank you to sndmn11 for going above and beyond the call of classifieds duty!

I own a handful of the fly blanks, great value! I do find in the lmx series they are underrated for line wt, I run a 904-4 like a 5 wt and 905-4 with a 6.