Rokslide Carbon Barrel/Rebarrel group buy

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in for one if we can get to 20. I'd rather have a Rock Creek blank though.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
HellsCanyon
I'm in for one if we can get to 20. I'd rather have a Rock Creek blank though.

We could work something out. I just had you send me a 5 port beast last week for the aforementioned 338 Norma.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
HellsCanyon
im in the market for one or have been for a while i just keep spending money on new optics and more gear but I'm would be building a 338 norma. what contour do i need to get to the 3lb 8oz mark and will this contour work for the 338 norma? i have my components down to each weight and thats where my barrel would need to be.

Just weighed that 338 Norma barrel... 3 lbs 6 oz after chambering :)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Here's everyone that's expressed interest in this thread. Some of them are interested and others are comitted. If everyone on the list follows through we're at 15 barrels!

Justin Crossley
Pods8
DirtyTough (maybe)
Travis Bertrand 338
ams
muleyman (2)
Brendan (maybe)
Realunlucky
Paxman
mtnwrunner
Liv2Hunt (maybe)
Elkhunter777
Retterath (maybe)
Idaho CTD (if we hit 20)

Mike

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm a maybe still, but thinking damn hard about it and also trying to figure out what I'd want to put together. Probably would go 30cal/10 twist if so. End of month the drop dead date? Is a rock creek 5R blank a feasibility per the above inquiry?

OP
HellsCanyon
I'm a maybe still, but thinking damn hard about it and also trying to figure out what I'd want to put together. Probably would go 30cal/10 twist if so. End of month the drop dead date? Is a rock creek 5R blank a feasibility per the above inquiry?

Rock creek will potentially take 6 months.... I just had 15 barrels ship last week that I ordered in December. Benchmark has always shot as good and are 6-8 weeks typically

Mike

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Understandable. What rifling does benchmark usually do (I know its button) out of curiosity, I can't really find a reference. Not that I've heard anything negative, quite the contrary.

OP
HellsCanyon
Understandable. What rifling does benchmark usually do (I know its button) out of curiosity, I can't really find a reference. Not that I've heard anything negative, quite the contrary.

They do 6/5/3 groove... whatever I or the customer prefers. It's a lot easier to make a quality cut rifled barrel than a quality button barrel, but there's nothing about cut rifling that will make them shoot more accurate than a quality button barrel especially with hand lapping and stress relieving being considered.

Mike

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Got a 7 SAUM reamer on hand...thinking of converting a T3 WSM to at 7 SAUM....doable? Likely 1:8.5 twist or so

TheTone

WKR
I'm very interested. Had been thinking about a carbon barrel for my boring 700SPS and this might be too good to pass on. Maybe I shouldn't have opened this thread..

OP
HellsCanyon
I'm very interested. Had been thinking about a carbon barrel for my boring 700SPS and this might be too good to pass on. Maybe I shouldn't have opened this thread..

Jump on in.... the water is fine

And that SPS is the foundation of many a fine build....

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
What barrel length?

That was at 28" without a brake. I've since cut it to 27" and spun up a monster 5 port brake on it and cerakoted it as well. Will weight it again now that it's all finished up.

Mike