Rooster came out pretty well!

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
I got my WI rooster from December 2022 back this week. Turned out pretty good I think, what do guys think?

I’ve shot 200 pheasants over my golden, but this one crossed all the boxes for the most part of what I wanted (plan to get one over each dog mounted). Color was ok, shot around home on a public wild spot, late season bird and a tail feather crossing 26”, long 60 yard blind retrieve in the cattails, wasn’t shot to shit, had to pull the trigger on making a memory with my buddy.

Attachments

• Resized_20240206_132519_1707247526541.jpeg
    Resized_20240206_132519_1707247526541.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    692.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    523.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

JeffP_Or

WKR
Looks good but needs a photo of your buddy and the retrieve laser engraved on a silver or bronze plaque to fasten to the background driftwood....a regular photo on a piece of barn board nailed to the bottom of that driftwood would work too ;)

OP
grossklw

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good but needs a photo of your buddy and the retrieve laser engraved on a silver or bronze plaque to fasten to the background driftwood....a regular photo on a piece of barn board nailed to the bottom of that driftwood would work too ;)

That's not a bad idea! It'll be going on an old Ford tailgate we have on the wall, but that could be a nice addition below it.

Vaultman

WKR
That is a cool idea for a bird dog!
I am not a phesant hunter, but that looks like a pretty awesome mount to me.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good, I second adding a photo below the mount as I have started doing that with some of my deer. Helps preserve the memories of that day.

I also have a golden that I am working to train as a bird dog. Here in PA we only have wild pheasant in one location that is not yet open to hunting while the rest are released by the game commission. Since I hope to eventually get her on wild birds as well as shed hunting my plan is to eventually get a mount of a wild game bird standing on top of a shed she found.

OP
grossklw

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
He’s up and looks great! I’m planning on getting a pic of the pup made on canvas to put under the tailgate with a limit of roosters as well. Adding another to the other side will be a nice touch at some point too.

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0605.jpeg
    IMG_0605.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 40

Arcola

FNG
That’s a great mount and a better idea. Wish I’d had one mounted for each of my dogs passed. Going to have to start doing that from here on out.

TSAMP

WKR
Mount looks good. The bird looks odd on the tailgate. I think id move it off there if it was me. Since you posted it to the interweb you get my opinion for free.

I got my WI rooster from December 2022 back this week. Turned out pretty good I think, what do guys think?

I’ve shot 200 pheasants over my golden, but this one crossed all the boxes for the most part of what I wanted (plan to get one over each dog mounted). Color was ok, shot around home on a public wild spot, late season bird and a tail feather crossing 26”, long 60 yard blind retrieve in the cattails, wasn’t shot to shit, had to pull the trigger on making a memory with my buddy.

Great looking bird and mount!
Congratulations! (y)