Runaway Llamas - Unit 17

If they were horses they’d be at a trailhead by now. Those llamas might not come down until snow flies. I’ll take horses any day.

OP
M
Thenks!!! I am pretty cool. To be fair it dosent seem like you really care much about these llamas, I mean you posted this on October 6 and are waiting until the 15th to even go post signs. I mean c’mon man, lol do you think these things are going to be alive in 2 weeks?
For somebody who considers themselves cool, you don't have a lot of nice things to say. I bet you have lots of friends. And yes, with multiple sittings just a couple days ago - they are alive. Not the easiest to wrangle them up though. I hope all the positivity you have shared with me is returned back to you.

OP
M
If they were horses they’d be at a trailhead by now. Those llamas might not come down until snow flies. I’ll take horses any day.
There have been continuous sightings of the llamas right at the trailhead where we started off. They are in the area, just never when myself or the owner have been up there.

OP
M
I'd take 2-3 up and Coral them, have them make some noise and wait, they will come a looking, remember they are pack animals use that to your advantage.

Good luck
The owner has been up several times with llamas, making noise, and trying to call them in. There have been sightings, but they seem to turn into ghosts the minute he shows.

Ucsdryder

WKR
There will be a whole bunch of people hunting up there a week from today. Maybe put up a sign if it is a trail head about lost llamas and offer a reward. Somebody might make the effort of wrangling them up and returning them for a couple hundred bucks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There have been continuous sightings of the llamas right at the trailhead where we started off. They are in the area, just never when myself or the owner have been up there.
Still though, if you are really concerned about getting them back why are you waiting until the 15th to even post signs up?

Also maybe go back and re-read, I never said I would shoot one, I said if I did though, I’d get one mounted. I never said I hoped they got shot or anything like that so get over yourself and stop being so sensitive. Maybe get off the internet and go find those llamas.

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
Hell i was guiding in Montana and damn horses broke out of the electric fence. Took about a week to get them located. The mules are smart they remembered their way back to the trailhead. The horses however were scattered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squirrel

WKR
Oh good, a pissing match, that'lll fix it!!

Stan called me the other day about this deal and really didn't want to risk it but leaving llamas SECURELY tethered will almost always draw in the strays... Of course as we discussed if you don't stay right there its also a good way to lose a few more llamas!

3 things make time of the essence:

the above mentioned wolf presence

The dragging corkscrew, cant believe it didn't hang up as soon as the initial bolt slowed down, but that llama is a dead llama looking for a good spot to die until that breaks off.

And the current market value of pack llamas, two legged problems are always the worst, which is why Stan called me to see if anybody had been stopping by trying to sell some cheap pack trained llamas.

Now get back to slinging insults it'll keep this up top. Good luck on getting your boys back, last one I was involved with ended poorly.

Fatcamp

WKR
The owner has been up several times with llamas, making noise, and trying to call them in. There have been sightings, but they seem to turn into ghosts the minute he shows.

Ha! Adventure llamas want no part of that fenced in life.

Reminds me of all the cats on the Fakebook missing pets pages. "Fluffy got out, so sad." Meanwhile Fluffy is living the high life showing back up when she wants some milk and a warm bed. 😆

Hope you find them but I bet once it gets cold you will find them waiting to be loaded.

cnelk

WKR
There is indeed a trailhead there, called Grassy Run just like he said.
Correct. But that goes up to Sheep Mtn.

There is also a ‘trail’ that goes DOWN to ‘Grassy Run’ along Lost Creek. All the way to the Buffalo Creek Ranch.

If I had lost llamas, that’s where I’d be looking. Or call John at the Buffalo and see if they’ve seen some ugly elk

OP
M
Correct. But that goes up to Sheep Mtn.

There is also a ‘trail’ that goes DOWN to ‘Grassy Run’ along Lost Creek. All the way to the Buffalo Creek Ranch.

If I had lost llamas, that’s where I’d be looking. Or call John at the Buffalo and see if they’ve seen some ugly elk
It was the trailhead that goes DOWN to Grassy Run long lost creek. All the sightings have been right in the area right off the road. Unfortunately, the llamas always turn to ghosts the minute the owner shows up to try to wrangle them up.

OP
M
Oh good, a pissing match, that'lll fix it!!

Stan called me the other day about this deal and really didn't want to risk it but leaving llamas SECURELY tethered will almost always draw in the strays... Of course as we discussed if you don't stay right there its also a good way to lose a few more llamas!

3 things make time of the essence:

the above mentioned wolf presence

The dragging corkscrew, cant believe it didn't hang up as soon as the initial bolt slowed down, but that llama is a dead llama looking for a good spot to die until that breaks off.

And the current market value of pack llamas, two legged problems are always the worst, which is why Stan called me to see if anybody had been stopping by trying to sell some cheap pack trained llamas.

Now get back to slinging insults it'll keep this up top. Good luck on getting your boys back, last one I was involved with ended poorly.
Luckily, after the last sighting, it appears the tether with the cork screw tore and is no longer drawing the picket line. Guessing he was probably hung up, but the rope was either chewed threw or ripped. Less chance of getting hung up at this point.

I appreciate your help and working with Stan on this. Hopefully, we can get a hold of them soon.