S4 GEAR LOCKDOWN X BINO HARNESS- anybody a fan?

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Zman, having only having mine for a year, I am looking forward .
They are a good upgrade from traditional "x" style harness as they keep optics closer and from swaying around , but have notices elastic slips and loosens resulting in continuous adjusting.
Second not sure if I have a small or what as I picked it up second hand , but barely covers eyecups on vanguard endeavor ed 10x42, ,
Also had to mod the top "C" channel that glass sits behind as it damaged my adjustment wheel, also putting mole skin there to keep rivets from scratching any more,

Keeps em close but ... Double funds and would be ha

elkguide

WKR
I've run a set for a couple of years and other than the side straps loosening, I like them.

A lot better than any plain bino bra that I have used.

I have no issues with mine and been using it close to 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't mind mine, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I wanted something that would stay closer to my chest and give better protection. I want to say I paid like $60-70 bucks for it when they first came out and for another $30 bucks or so you can get something much nicer like the FHF or AGC. I bought the AGC last year and won't be trying anything else for a long while. I've heard the marsupial people gear bino pack is very nice too.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Like others have mentioned the side straps kept loosening and I had to un-stitch and re-sew the top straps to get them short enough. I used mine for two years and it was okay.

I recently purchased the AGC cub and I'm looking forward to trying it out this year.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I will be that crazy squirrel that goes out on the limb after the acorn.

IMO best bino harness there is, that said it does require some minor modifications to make it that way.
I started with the y style and had to move to the x style. I like my binos high and tight on my chest, which is hard as I am a thin guy.

Tried most out there and some work ok, but they are just way to much for me (AGC). Tried the KUIU, dunno how people think they good, maybe "ok" at best. My biggest problem with most of these other harness is that like the KUIU creates a pocket for debris to get into then your putting you objective lens down in that debris. That is what drove me nuts more than anything, looking down to put my bino back in and seeing all that crap I was about to put my lens into. Then function of them didn't seem to work well for me. Kuiu seem to ride down, AGC was just to bulky, some were not one hand friendly.

To me S4 gear offers the best lens protections in the minimalist system there is. Top lens protection at ALL times, no looking down and accidentally breathing onto you lens or dropping food crumbs on your lenses. The bottom flap does not create a pocket to hold debris and forms pretty tight to the objective of the binos to help keep dirt, dust and debris from the lens.

Thanks,
Boswell

GKPrice

Banned
I've been using one since they first showed - excellent for comfort, close to chest and day to day protection unless you're in dusty conditions - IF you just tie a figure eight not in the stretch cord when you get it where you want it there is no slippage whatsoever - I bought a KUIU to try and now have it torn apart and redesigning because taking it completely out of the pack every time you glass is stupid imo - I'll probably be using the AGC as simple is good ,,,,,

WKR
I had one, it's OK, but not good. The Marsupial Gear is very good, and worth the $ difference IMO.

I used the X Style Bino Bra, went to the S4, didn't like it, and back to the Bino Bra. Then bought a Marsupial Gear Harness and loved it. I gave the S4 to my GF and she loves it compared to the Bino Bra. I vote Marsupial, I don't think you'll be disappointed in the slightest.