Sad day yesterday

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
anyone else get depressed when the season is over?

Our season in my wmu in pa goes until 1-27 for deer. However we typically do late season drives for the remaining few weeks after Christmas to try and help guys fill tags that are still unfilled. Yesterday was our groups last weekend we will be able to hunt this year.

Guess it’s time to shed hunt and scout.

rcb2000

WKR
All part of the process, but yeah, I think everyone gets a little bummed out when the season is over.

Probably why guys have som many different hunts. Right into waterfowl, then turkey, sheds, fishing, etc.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
End up feeling that way every year. My last sit of the year was on Thursday night and I ended up hanging out in the tree way past shooting light solely because I didn’t want it to be over.

Now it all starts back over again. I’m moving in June so I probably won’t do much post-season scouting, but I am going to focus on e-scouting the area I’m moving to, spending some time reading more journal articles/studies from MSU/Penn State/etc, and getting gear dialed in based on issues I had this year.

OP
Z

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
End up feeling that way every year. My last sit of the year was on Thursday night and I ended up hanging out in the tree way past shooting light solely because I didn’t want it to be over.

Now it all starts back over again. I’m moving in June so I probably won’t do much post-season scouting, but I am going to focus on e-scouting the area I’m moving to, spending some time reading more journal articles/studies from MSU/Penn State/etc, and getting gear dialed in based on issues I had this year.

We have until next Saturday to hunt. I may go sit on Saturday morning. Even though I am out of tags.

It’s quite the cycle as you said. I will switch to shed hunting and scouting now. I need to get up north to get some scouting in before the rattle snakes come out.