Salomon boots

I'd say no but I'm an n=1. I usually go through a pair of boots every 1-1.5 years because I wear them for work everyday. I have several pairs of various boots I rotate now. But I have a pair of salmons got in 2015 that I still wear sometimes. I've put a ton of miles on those but they are still holding together. Feel like wearing house shoes. Not waterproof by any means l, but I still wore them to pack out an elk last year.

I bought another pair last winter and the soles are already starting to separate. Pretty bummed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

For the price they are great, I love mine. Admittedly they aren’t as good as the older ones I or people I know ran in the past. Initial comfort is better now, longevity has declined some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two pairs, one from about 4 years ago, one I bought last year. They look about the same. I love the fit, I love the support, their longevity sucks. My next pair won't be Salomon.

They are good for a short notice hunt where you don't have time to break in a stiff boot. My set from a few years back is pretty hammered but I keep them around for project work. The new ones are even softer and will wear faster.

buddy had the gtx boots 6 years ago on a 20 day elk hunt.. they went in the trash after that hunt completely trashed after that hunt

I hate to hear they changed them. I’ve owned about 4 pairs of “high end” boots but I keep coming back to my Salomons. Mine are 2-3 years old now, really just used on hunts. Still holding up but was planning to buy another pair soon. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My first pair lasted close to 10 years of hard use/abuse. Just picked up another pair new this year. Toe box is bigger and the tongue area is not the material as the rest of the boot, so time will tell.

Back