Savage ultralite feeding issues

Rifle20

FNG
I just got a savage ultralite in 6.5 creedmoor. Haven’t even mount a scope on it yet has not been fired. Just loaded some 143 eld x factory ammo and the gun jams up on the third sometimes the second round from magazine. The first round feeds every time. The round catches jams up and won’t feed . If you let the pressure off the bolt the round drops down and feeds. I sent a email to savage but no response so far. Trying to figure if it is a gun or magazine issue? If you just chuck a round in it will feed. So frustrating on a brand new gun, any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Sadie

FNG
Maybe bend the follower spring so that it positions the cartridge properly

OP
R

Rifle20

FNG
Wow talked to savage today they said sounds like a magazine issue. In the mean time i used a different magazine and it was better but would still jam up 1 out of 10 rounds. Savage answer you can ship it back to us and will look at it but I have to pay shipping to them! I am done with savage!

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
Before shucking Savage entirely, if you haven`t already, go to Savageshooters.com and present your issue. A couple of the guys on there ( Dave and Charlie b ) know just about everything there is to know about Savage rifles including issues and problems. They may well have a suggestion or two that may help.