Scarpa/Kuiu Synthetic boots

As was mentioned above, these boots are not really new. I've been wearing the Scarpa Rebel Ultra GTX ice climbing and mountaineering for years.

Although I really like them for climbing, they are not my hunting boot of choice.

They are designed for wearing with clip-on crampons and front pointing up steep faces. Because of this, they have a stiffer and more rigid sole than I prefer for hiking. (It's possible the Kuiu model has a more flexible sole, but I don't know about this.)

They are nowhere near as durable as more traditionally constructed boots. This is an unavoidable result of the lightweight materials used. The soles wear faster, and the uppers get worn more due to hiking around on scree etc. I'm reluctant to thrash them hunting. I save them for climbing, which is what they were designed for.

Benjblt

WKR
As was mentioned above, these boots are not really new. I've been wearing the Scarpa Rebel Ultra GTX ice climbing and mountaineering for years.

Although I really like them for climbing, they are not my hunting boot of choice.

They are designed for wearing with clip-on crampons and front pointing up steep faces. Because of this, they have a stiffer and more rigid sole than I prefer for hiking. (It's possible the Kuiu model has a more flexible sole, but I don't know about this.)

They are nowhere near as durable as more traditionally constructed boots. This is an unavoidable result of the lightweight materials used. The soles wear faster, and the uppers get worn more due to hiking around on scree etc. I'm reluctant to thrash them hunting. I save them for climbing, which is what they were designed for.
I was talking about the baser model that Kuiu sells, which has similar materials but not built as stiff. The durability, it would seem, would suffer. I looked up generic Scarpas with similar names and it doesn't appear that they have made them with so much synthetics and that many of there boots similar to the ones they make for Kuiu use suede upper. https://www.scarpa.com/r-evolution-gtx

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kipper09

WKR
Wondering if anybody else had any input on these. Especially interested In hearing about the rebel K. Hoping after a full season could get a little more feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoArk

FNG
Anyone have any experience with any of the Scarpa boots in SE Alaska? Would they be a decent choice for a crampon in really steep, really wet conditions?