Scheels Discount

Dudeman

FNG
Does Scheels ever do any blanket discounts? Like an email code or anything?

Active Junkey has 8% cash back as of yesterday and it is usually 7%. I have not tested if it applies to firearms or not. Scheels will usually price match also with a simple online chat.

Once or twice a year they bump the points up on Scheels credit card purchases, but that's about all I recall seeing. Now that I think about it, I have a coupon for 20% off soccer gear this weekend only. They do those for local youth sports leagues (soccer, softball, baseball, etc..), but i'm guessing you're not looking for new shin guards.:)

nobody

WKR
Amen to what @NevadaMike said about price match. I picked up a Tikka T3X Veil Wideland last year for $500 below their sticker price because I found a price match online. They didn’t even question it, did it with a smile! The only caveat was that they would price match plus their FFL transfer fee. Basically they charged me what it would’ve cost me all said and done to order the gun online and transfer it through them.

They’ll price match anybody that’s legit, online or brick and mortar. But in my experience they typically have pretty good pricing from the get go, so I don’t always hem and haw over a couple bucks. But the big stuff I usually check and they never even think twice. It takes a little homework on your part, but totally worth the effort.

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
Their price matching has changed when it comes to guns. They used to price match anything, but now it seems that they won‘t match online prices anymore. I tried getting them to price match a new rifle I bought a few months back and neither the online chat or store I’ve bought guns from before would do it.

When I asked the manager at the store why they’d changed their policy he said it was because they couldn’t match the volume of “big” gun dealers. I find this interesting considering Scheels is a huge nationwide sporting goods chain and the store I asked them to match is a small one-off mom and pop store. I’m guessing someone has run the numbers on it and figured out they can make more money not price matching.

They will match it for guns and suppressors from online vendors but the SKUs must be exactly the same.

AND- it must show in stock at that moment AND, it cannot be a drop shipper that sends direct from a distributor; thats where they cant complete.

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
They will match it for guns and suppressors from online vendors but the SKUs must be exactly the same.

AND- it must show in stock at that moment AND, it cannot be a drop shipper that sends direct from a distributor; thats where they cant complete.
That wasn’t my experience. How long ago has it been since you had something price matched by them?

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ve had them price match two guns in last 2 months.

Just sent link to store online. Pretty sure both were at bass pro. Online price match allows use of AJ. Sometimes they will tack on shipping though if other store charges.

One was half off! ($800 saved). Then I use AJ and mil discount plus Scheels CC and that’s another ~15% off. I love Scheels price match but I do feel guilty sometimes. Almost too good.

kjw

WKR
Active junky works for firearms. I got a pistol from cabelas a couple months ago. It was on sale and active junky bumped up to 10% back

NDGuy

WKR
When I asked the manager at the store why they’d changed their policy he said it was because they couldn’t match the volume of “big” gun dealers. I find this interesting considering Scheels is a huge nationwide sporting goods chain and the store I asked them to match is a small one-off mom and pop store. I’m guessing someone has run the numbers on it and figured out they can make more money not price matching.
Sounds like you just dealt with an asshole lol never had an experience like that there.

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like you just dealt with an asshole lol never had an experience like that there.
Yeah that would be my thought too, except a buddy of mine who works at a different Scheels confirmed they changed their policy for price matching. He said he could still do Cabela’s or Sportsman’s or the big box stores like that but couldn’t do anything online outside of them. He said it was a nationwide policy that came from the headquarters. Sounds like there’s still some stores not following it. That’s nice for you guys. I wish the ones near me weren’t either haha.

NDGuy

WKR
Yeah that would be my thought too, except a buddy of mine who works at a different Scheels confirmed they changed their policy for price matching. He said he could still do Cabela’s or Sportsman’s or the big box stores like that but couldn’t do anything online outside of them. He said it was a nationwide policy that came from the headquarters. Sounds like there’s still some stores not following it. That’s nice for you guys. I wish the ones near me weren’t either haha.
I would imagine it was only a matter of time, they have been very generous.

That being said, they'll lose my business on certain items. There's zero reason I am going to pay Scheels 20-30% more on items I can buy anytime online for less.

visage

Lil-Rokslider
Dumb question - to take advantage of the AJ discount, do you have to purchase the firearm through the website? Then go into the store for the background check, etc?