Schnees vs kenetrek pac boot

awilder

FNG
Have had a pair of Schnee's pac boots since I think '93. Replaced the bottoms once. Leather still going strong. Can't go wrong with pair of Schnee's.

NEhunter

WKR
Great thread, I've been looking at purchasing a pair of pacs from one of these 2 companies as well. How would you guys that own these boots say they fit? Typically I find that lowa boots fit me well (renegades, ranger and tibets) in a 10.5. Was looking at going with the grizzly or Hunter 2 13" in an 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great thread, I've been looking at purchasing a pair of pacs from one of these 2 companies as well. How would you guys that own these boots say they fit? Typically I find that lowa boots fit me well (renegades, ranger and tibets) in a 10.5. Was looking at going with the grizzly or Hunter 2 13" in an 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As with what MTwarden said, I would size up to an 11. This allows room for a thicker sock/system. You can also get one of our thinsulate footbeds to take up room and provide extra warmth if needed.

nagibson1

FNG
Using pac boots for longer distance hunting is just hard for me to fathom being from Wisconsin. We use the large versions out here for ice fishing and stand hunting, and I can't imagine hunting in them Western-style. They are also at least twice as much $ as the brands that we use out here.

However, my Colorado hunting buddy says that they are an important part of the gear come rifle seasons. With all the other gear, it's hard to bite off 300 bucks for these, though I can imagine a day in the mountains where that would be a bargain.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I put at least a dozen 10+ (a couple 15+) mile days on mine this past season (and dozens and dozens prior seasons)- these aren't Sorels or anything like them, much better fitted, much better suited to hiking

if it's warmer I wear a mid weight hiking/mountaineer boot, when the mercury drops- these are the boots to have :)

Kespat

FNG
Can someone share the pros and cons to the different tread patterns and their experience packing out animals with these boots?