Seek Outside Factory Seam Seal Quality

Hey Everyone,

I would like to hear some first hand accounts of the quality of Seek Outsides factory seam sealing option on their shelters.

Soon I plan to buy an 8 man tipi and cannot decide whether to have them do it or spend the time myself.

If you purchased a shelter from them factory seam sealed were you happy with the results or wish you would have done it yourself.

Thanks

scp

Lil-Rokslider
Have a 4P teepee from Seek that was factory sealed. Good clean seals, no missed spots. I then got a great deal on a blemish sale on an 8 man teepee from them and sealed it myself. Took a looong time and wasn’t as easy as I imagined it. I’d pay for factory sealing if I ever needed to get another shelter.

OP
W
Have a 4P teepee from Seek that was factory sealed. Good clean seals, no missed spots. I then got a great deal on a blemish sale on an 8 man teepee from them and sealed it myself. Took a looong time and wasn’t as easy as I imagined it. I’d pay for factory sealing if I ever needed to get another shelter.
Thank you for the reply!

I sent in a ripped cimmaron for repairs a couple years ago and received a new one as a replacement. It was factory seam sealed and it was an outstanding job.

Poser

WKR
Unless something has changed, their seam sealers come in at night to perform the work as to not interfere with production. I’m going to guess that a person who seam seals tents all night is much better at that task than me.

eamyrick

WKR
My Cimmaron was factory sealed. Stellar job. I’ve slept in a bunch of different tents and nothing has compared to how waterproof SEAK tents are. I slept in an Eolus for 7 days of rain in Alaska and it was bone dry. The other guys on the trip both ended up with water in the tent.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I've had an LBO that they seem sealed, it worked really well. I then seam sealed a DST on my own and will now pay the fee to have the manufacturer do it everytime.

Last edited: