Seek Outside Revolution Suspension

Bit of a revival of an older thread to ask a question that has been bugging me.

I hear the Revolution frame is minimum 24" but my question is whether the frame can be shortened to say 19", 20" or 21" and use the frame extensions to bring it up to a higher frame height?

I'm a shorter guy with a torso length around 16.5" and my ideal "daypack" pack height currently is a MR crewcab pack as it sits nicely just above my shoulder height and I don't seem to bang the back of my head on it.

With the Kifaru and Exo the frame sits up around my ears and is annoying when using in "daypack" mode.

So hence my wondering whether the Revolution frame might be able to be modified (shortened) to fit my exact needs for daypack mode and yet still be able to be extended for pack outs. any input welcome...

Lockster: Not sure on how shortening the frame might mess with the fit of the fabric panel, if at all. You could probably get away with some shortening. You can also change the way the belt attaches, which changes the ride height and how high the frame sits above your shoulders.

The design of the revolution will probably mitigate the issue you're talking about. It's an aluminum tubing in a modified U shape when looked at from behind. There is no solid material to bang your head on except the stays themselves, which are off to the sides.

So you think chopping it down might cause issues with the frame sleeve, hadn't really thought about that, being able to "ride it high" might help, would be interesting to get an understanding of how much vertical variation can be achieved by modifying the belt attachment. Ok, good to know, thanks.

I've been a little intrigued with the strong feedback surrounding the frame and it continues to be a source of interest, thanks for the feedback Texag.

Seek outside/ Kevin really knocked it out of the park with the Revolution. It does not restrict the articulation at all. The cross stays are not in the pad so the pads are able to fully conform to your back. The cross stays are pre-curved and are in a separate piece of material than the pads so they contact the packbag which keeps the bag off of your back. For me the weight gain for the Rev is not an issue as it is extremely minimal.

Does the Integrated platform, say the Unaweep, have the same two horizontal, pre-curved stays that are found in the Revolution Fortress? Are the two platforms (integrated and revolution) the same in that regard?

The Brooks has two stays the rest of the Unaweep has one.

For me, even with the Brooks backpack , I use only one cross stay. I never found the lower one to be an issue. Maybe with chainsaws etc it is.

Kevin, just a quick question, what is the possibility of cutting the stays down to say 18" which is more in line with the stay height I’m wanting, and using 4" extenders to bring it up to 22" for pack outs? Ideally for use with the revolution panel as a load carrier.

I know these are very short relative to the norm but I’m a short guy (around 16" torso) and would prefer to have a much shorter pack for day hunting.

Also, feedback wise, I think you guys hit it out of the park with the Brooks, just wish there was a Revolution version on the way!

Kevin, just a quick question, what is the possibility of cutting the stays down to say 18" which is more in line with the stay height I’m wanting, and using 4" extenders to bring it up to 22" for pack outs? Ideally for use with the revolution panel as a load carrier.

I know these are very short relative to the norm but I’m a short guy (around 16" torso) and would prefer to have a much shorter pack for day hunting.

Also, feedback wise, I think you guys hit it out of the park with the Brooks, just wish there was a Revolution version on the way!

I am not sure that will work ..we would have to test one really but I think that is too far off. Generally, the frame height is not a problem in the way you would think it would be. Most have good movement , etc and catching on brush is not much of an issue (the reason many people go with a shorter frame).

You may talk to Lee on our side, I think he is about a 16 inch torso.

Thanks on the Brooks. You never , know , if we get enough requests maybe there will be a revo variant

Back