Seek Outside Twilight 3p

work765

WKR
I saw it at the hunt expo in salt lake. I’ve since decided to get an argali absaroka.

I didn’t love the entrance on the twilight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My questions are:
1. Does it have sod skirts like a Cimarron or Redcliff?
2. Does the vestibule door pitch fully to the ground?

Only got to play around with it for a few minutes in my basement, set up with just dumbbells holding the corners somewhat taught.. Initial impression is that this thing is a palace! I can't wait to get it set up in my yard side by side with my cimarron light to compare them side by side. I'll also try to set my pack and bow in there and figure out where good useable space for that stuff is as well.

1. It does not have sod skirts. However, it has both stake loops and line locs, so it seems like you could get it pretty close to the ground. I actually wish my cimarron light had stake loops bc I feel like I could get it tighter to the ground.

2. I haven't been able to figure that out.. In my "testing", it stayed pretty far off the ground, but it looks fairly snug to the ground in their youtube videos. I'm wondering if it would be better if I pulled the paracord back up through the line loc at the top of the door so that there was less excess paracord at the bottom, then the paracord angle and length would more closely match the seam length.

Few notes...there are line locs on the base of the door, but it seems to me like like if you used them, the door would open so minimally that it would basically be useless.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to keep the door down. I can't find any good pictures or videos online, but it seems like something on mine isn't correct. Anyone have a seek tent that has the zipperless design that can compare to mine?

IMG_8427.jpeg

Or maybe @RyanSeek43 can chime in!

RyanSeek43

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Only got to play around with it for a few minutes in my basement, set up with just dumbbells holding the corners somewhat taught.. Initial impression is that this thing is a palace! I can't wait to get it set up in my yard side by side with my cimarron light to compare them side by side. I'll also try to set my pack and bow in there and figure out where good useable space for that stuff is as well.

1. It does not have sod skirts. However, it has both stake loops and line locs, so it seems like you could get it pretty close to the ground. I actually wish my cimarron light had stake loops bc I feel like I could get it tighter to the ground.

2. I haven't been able to figure that out.. In my "testing", it stayed pretty far off the ground, but it looks fairly snug to the ground in their youtube videos. I'm wondering if it would be better if I pulled the paracord back up through the line loc at the top of the door so that there was less excess paracord at the bottom, then the paracord angle and length would more closely match the seam length.

Few notes...there are line locs on the base of the door, but it seems to me like like if you used them, the door would open so minimally that it would basically be useless.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to keep the door down. I can't find any good pictures or videos online, but it seems like something on mine isn't correct. Anyone have a seek tent that has the zipperless design that can compare to mine?

View attachment 692371

Or maybe @RyanSeek43 can chime in!
@whiskybiker is correct. I think sometimes the seam sealers accidentally put it through the wrong hole. It should be good once you re thread it.

To hit on a couple of points here, the tie downs on the door part are really just there for when it hits the fan. They keep that door from flapping around a whole bunch. I would also say that you really dont need to use every guy out point. I usually only use one on each side and sometimes the corner points. We just wanted to have a bunch of options.

As for set up, the big thing with this shelter is playing around with the pole height in conjunction with those front corner stake out points ( specifically moving them wider or at a 45 from the initial stake out point.) The reason we didn't put the sod skirt on this one is that it would have gotten weird around the zipperless door as well as the fact that the floor system we have has the dwr sidewalls to block drafts. I would lower the poles a little and then widen the stake out points a little. That should get that thing closer the the ground.

@whiskybiker is correct. I think sometimes the seam sealers accidentally put it through the wrong hole. It should be good once you re thread it.

To hit on a couple of points here, the tie downs on the door part are really just there for when it hits the fan. They keep that door from flapping around a whole bunch. I would also say that you really dont need to use every guy out point. I usually only use one on each side and sometimes the corner points. We just wanted to have a bunch of options.

As for set up, the big thing with this shelter is playing around with the pole height in conjunction with those front corner stake out points ( specifically moving them wider or at a 45 from the initial stake out point.) The reason we didn't put the sod skirt on this one is that it would have gotten weird around the zipperless door as well as the fact that the floor system we have has the dwr sidewalls to block drafts. I would lower the poles a little and then widen the stake out points a little. That should get that thing closer the the ground.
I am still kind of new to this forum, and I am assuming you are associated with Seek Outside, please forgive me if I am wrong. Are there any plans for a nest for the Twilight? I prefer its design, but my wife still prefers one with a nest, if possible.

RyanSeek43

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I am indeed! No nest plans and I seriously doubt that that will be. You can however fit a Cimarron half nest in the back portion. You just can't use it with a stove and a nest.

I am indeed! No nest plans and I seriously doubt that that will be. You can however fit a Cimarron half nest in the back portion. You just can't use it with a stove and a nest.
Wonderful! I really appreciate the extra information. That honestly sounds perfect for what we would use it for. Ended up ordering one today.

Had some time to set it up in the yard today and play around with it a little next to my cimarron light. Here are my thoughts and some questions.. Hopefully @RyanSeek43 can address some of my concerns/mistakes/questions..

Noticed right away that its a little more difficult to set up than the cimarron. Without having a big zippered door, you have to kinda crawl under it to put the center pole in. And since the corners are already staked down, you definitely have to crawl. I suppose thats how some of their other zipperless door tents are, but I don't have any experience with them.

It was a little breezy today and the air was definitely blowing up under the fabric more than my cimarron light with the sod skirts, but I was able to get it a little tighter to the ground by lowering the center pole one click and widening out my base a little. The pic below shows what it looked like at first. I was using the stake loops and not the line locks. I wish it had sod skirts, but I guess it's no different than most of their other tents. The floor liner would solve that problem, but I honestly don't see myself buying one.

IMG_8452.jpg

Much more room than my cimarron. not only does the vestibule add square footage, but the fact that the wall doesn't come straight down from the center post makes all that space in there between the poles available.

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

The door - One of my hang-ups.. its a reach to get it open from the inside, but I understand there isn't anything else they could've done there - a zipper would be the same way. And I thought I was doing something wrong since I feel like I could only get the door open about 75% of the way (pic below), but I noticed the same thing in all of Seek Outsides videos. I'm not positive, but I might prefer just a zippered door - at least it would open all the way.

IMG_8455.jpg

@Bearsears asked about getting the door to pitch all the way to the ground. I messed with where the stake loop is in the door cordage and was able to get the door to close down pretty snug to the ground. Sorry, I should've taken an exterior picture.

IMG_8460.jpg

I've also noticed in a few of Seek's videos that the ridgeline between the two poles has a sag to it (rather than being a straight line). Mine today was a straight line. Not sure if I was doing something wrong there?

IMG_8458.jpg

Im also not sure if I found the perfect place for my gear inside the tent - if you put your stuff in the vestibule, you have to crawl over it to get out, or reach over it to get the door open. I suppose it'll just be something I figure out when the time comes.

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8456.jpg

IMG_8461.jpg

I didn't try guying it out at all since I didn't want to mess with the included cordage until I am positive I'm going to keep it.

Last edited:

RyanSeek43

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Right on! This brings up a couple of good pieces of info....

1st off, you are correct, the Twilight is what I would say is more of an intermediate set up so it does take some time to dial it in. The twilight does not have a sod skirt because the sod skirts get a little funky around that zipperless door. We designed it to have the floor in there for draft protection.

I will say the door should be able to go up a little higher, I would assume that the front stake out points are a little far apart so to get that door coming up more just move those in.

As for the door opening, that is kind of just a part of those zipperless shelters, the vestibules are a little steeper. It's the same on the smaller ones as well.

Overall it looks pretty good though. The thing about the Twilight is that it is designed to be an absolute palace for two guys for basically the same weight as the Cimarron but it takes some getting used to.

One thing you can do with it is drop the center poles a click or two after set up so that the shelter is not completely tight and then guy it out. This almost gives you a wall tent style shelter. This shelter is also probably the most dependable shelter have. While having a zipper is nice and opens up more design elements, having a zipperless system that you dont have to worry about on some fly in hunt in Alaska or in sandy environments is very valuable. It is also probably the most wind resistant design with all of the guy outs.

We have been toying around with some ideas for a larger zippered version but nothing set in stone yet.

It's worth noting that with all of the people we have sent this out to for testing, a lot of them had a similar reaction to yours, where they were hesitant at first but the more they used it they grew to really like it.

Also feel free to give us a call and I would be happy to answer any other questions on it. 9702088108

1jeds

FNG
I received mine last week and haven't had a chance to set it up yet - I'm looking forward to testing it out!