Seek Outside Twilight 3p

Really digging the design of the SO Twlight 3p tent. Like the additional square footage along with the floor liner and sidewalls to reduce condensation build up. Had a Cimmaron for a few seasons but sold it due to minimal space, thinking about upgrading to the Twlight. Anyone have plans to pick one up?

https://seekoutside.com/twilight-3p/

Last edited:

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any hands on yet? Looks to be a great set up.

It use's a cimarron pole in the back, so it's should need the same length pipe as that tent.

work765

WKR
What are peoples thoughts about the stove being in the back and not in the front, near the opening?
Im imagining it being a pain to crouch down to get through the front opening with a load full of wood.
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
What are peoples thoughts about the stove being in the back and not in the front, near the opening?
Im imagining it being a pain to crouch down to get through the front opening with a load full of wood.
Thoughts?

I imagine it would be worse trying to get in and out around a burning stove. Looks like it would be a bit awkward to get in and out regardless. Once you're in it seems like a pretty primo 2man shelter.

Looks reminiscent of a backwards sawtooth. I think it would be pretty sweet if there was a way to build two side doors instead of a front or rear entry. Or maybe keep the rear entry as a 'hatch' for gear, and have side entry to get into the sleeping area without having to kneel and crawl over all your sleeping gear to get in.

Thoughts?

Been wondering the same thing, although I was picturing the stove was in the front and the door was in the back. Either way, same concerns you have.

I've used a cimarron lite so only having one door isn't that big of a deal to me, but the twilight's door wouldn't be as tall and would have a post (trekking pole) in the middle of it.

Here's a floorplan comparison of a cimarron vs twilight.. Cimarron is solid, twilight is dashed.

Tipi Comparison Pic.JPG

Couldn’t you just sneak wood through the back underneath the bottom of the tent? This is what I’ve always done in my silex so I’m not stomping on/ making a mess out of sleeping area.

1jeds

FNG
I'll have one shortly to review here as well.
I've got one on the way as well, sort of. I ordered this week and the estimated shipping date was the 2nd half of March. Looking forward to hearing your review in the meantime.

I was able to check one out at the Hunt Expo and it definitely is roomy. My only concern is limited camping spots due to the large(ish) footprint, but that may not be an issue in reality.

sndmn11

WKR
I've got one on the way as well, sort of. I ordered this week and the estimated shipping date was the 2nd half of March. Looking forward to hearing your review in the meantime.

I was able to check one out at the Hunt Expo and it definitely is roomy. My only concern is limited camping spots due to the large(ish) footprint, but that may not be an issue in reality.
I think the goal "deadline" for the review is May/June, so I won't be much immediate help to you. We arranged it, but Owen is taking a few days off this week before he and I will speak again and actually get it "ordered".

When I ordered mine, it said "in stock, expected to ship 2/22". I emailed them this morning to ask about the status and they told me they are built to order and mine was just built and won't ship for another 2-3 weeks 🙃