Sell me a tripod that weighs 2.6 lbs or less...

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations? My current setup: Vanguard Alta + 233AO at 3.6 lbs. It does the Job but Is old by today’s standards and I’d like to shave some weight. TIA

marktole

WKR
Sirui R-1204, available by special order from BandHphoto.com. 2.2# (I think?), supports 22# or something, tall enough to glass with while standing. Sirui also has another series of tripods that are near these specs, but more expensive. I think it’s the N-xxxx-sk line. Slik 634 is another option that’s really popular on this forum.

I got the bigger sized version of that R-1204 I mentioned, the R-2204, for a little thicker legs and weight to handle an 85mm spotter better. Weighs in at 2.9#.

If you don’t care about standing to glass then there are TONS of options that weigh less than 2.6# on the market. Using the filters on some photography websites will help you narrow down choices.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Tripod only? Or do you want a tripod and head under 2.6lbs? I run a ProMaster 525 carbon with an Outdoorsmans panhead. Sirui makes several options to consider as well as lots of people using Sliks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KineKilla

WKR
I'm using the Promaster 525 carbon with a Sirui v5 fluid head. Absolutely love this setup. I don't know what it weighs but it doesn't feel like much on my back when packing.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
For sitting use only, Slik Sprint Mini II + Outdoorsman's Panner + Outdoorsman's Pistol Grip = 32.4 oz.

You will be hard pressed to get to 2.6 with a decent tripod coupled with a good fluid head. The best bet at 3.06 lbs is the Sirui T024SKVA5. Carbon fiber and the best head in its class.
Our special and Sirui rebate runs through the end of July

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
You will be hard pressed to get to 2.6 with a decent tripod coupled with a good fluid head. The best bet at 3.06 lbs is the Sirui T024SKVA5. Carbon fiber and the best head in its class.
Our special and Sirui rebate runs through the end of July
Agreed^. The Slick 634 from S&S archery out of Boise will get stand up height and the legs are two pounds. Put a Benro S2 up top and you may be sub 3# but I think right at it actually.

Elkangle

WKR
I think they extra ounces really help with the vibration....im not sure what is worse packing a 2.5# set up that renders your optics useless or packing the extra pound of weight out of the gate

I'm very happy with the rrs 14 series with the rrs bh30 head....3.5 pounds but worth every ounce

I've often considered moving to the next size up if I was just guiding/spotting

mcseal2

WKR
I run either a Promaster 525 or a Slikk 634 depending on the hunt. I have a Outdoorsmans pan head I switch between the tripods and a window mount. Having Outdoorsmans quick attaches on the tripods lets me have 1 head and save some money.
I’m closer to 3lbs with the head. I have the Outdoorsmans rifle rest too so it’s multipurpose for me. It’s a really good shooting platform for when I can’t go prone.

Happy with the Sirui T-024 that Joel mentioned above, but using a Benro S2 head on it...I think I'm the only person in the world that prefers the benro over the va-5.

Slick has some options but with a good head that is light. The Sirui VA 5 head is legit though

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Trailpix tripod plate that I use with a small ball head and 3 trekking poles similar to the Tricera above. I always have two trekking poles on me, so the added weight is <0.5lbs if memory serves. The biggest issue is that you need to lock the poles in place well otherwise it’s a mess every time you need to move the tripod. It’s not clear how the Tricera locks the poles in place. Quite a bit of $$, so I hope they have a rocksolid design and not just a gimmick.

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever tried just putting a spotting scope on your pack (need angled eyepiece)? It was recommended to me awhile back and i was actually surprised that it can work pretty good. just a thought i'd throw out there. I use binos on tripod alot so no dice there, but an extra idea if weight is really a big issue for you and leave tripod at home. I use the promaster 525 carbon fiber because if i'm gonna carry the weight of a tripod i feel like it needs to be tall enough to stand up with to see over brush, etc. I researched all of the lighter weight tripods many times and decided i would be getting a lesser tripod for my uses. my opinion but i hope somebody else has a lighter better way. I'd like to know as well

I use a vortex summit w/ Benro S2 fluid head. Very budget friendly and light but I would have to weigh it real quick to tell for sure!

Modified sirui t-025x and RRS bpc-16 head. Perfect for a 65mm spotter and just 22 oz.
bd092fad305348cad58385d8694e8312.jpg

What size of optic will you put on it and how tall does it need to be? Depending on those, something like what cubdriver has may be sufficient or something over 3 lbs may be worthwhile.

WestNE

WKR
I don't see it mentioned on here much but I've been really impressed with a Leofoto ls224c i picked up a couple years ago. The tripod itself is just over and pound and a half, very stable, though height can be a challenge. They make several models that would fix that issue.

I grabbed a Leopold fluid head from their CF tripod off the classified and couldn't be happier.

There is some good info at the sight below regarding more technical testing and many tripods discussed here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk