Sequoia GWS vs MF

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be hunting in Alaska winds and wet, but will be in a tent. First hunt is Brown Bear near Cold Bay.

Is the Gore Wind Stopper lining really needed inside a tent and worth the extra $200. If it helps keep out moisture like Goretex then I would probably say yes. All advise appreciated in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
W

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
Another question to show my ignorance, what exactly is free overfill if you buy from Hermits, and is it really of any value? I have an assumption, but will leave it at that?

OP
W

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
Keep having questions. I am 6 feet tall. Go with the 6 foot model or the 6’6” ? Never had a WM bag.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Inside a tent the MF will be more than adequate. I use the GWS for when I’m backpacking or hunting and don’t bring a shelter other than a small tarp.

The sequoia is a semi rec cut which I like because I’m a stomach sleeper. If I was a traditional sleeper I’d go for their traditional style cut.

The overfill actually works in WM bags because they are a continuous baffle design. This means you can move the down around in the bag to cold spots. You won’t really notice a difference in the overfill other than that aspect of it.

zacattack

WKR
Keep having questions. I am 6 feet tall. Go with the 6 foot model or the 6’6” ? Never had a WM bag.

Get the 6’6” you don’t want to “bottom” out in the bag, you’ll smash the insulation near your feet and get cold

6’6” allows a little extra room to slide down, store clothes, water filter, bladder, electronics, etc…. I’m 6’ and always buy the Long bag for those perks. MF is more than enough in a shelter and it’s debatable if not safe for under tarp use too. I’m torn on overfill or not also. Some say yes and others no with WM bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunset606

FNG
If I was going to somewhere real cold I would look for something like FF Eider or similar. Least you have some leeway in the lower temp rates.