Serious offroad vehicle

Opah

WKR
96 /97 S10 ZR2 is small powerful, excellent 4X4 capabilities, 4.3 200 Hp.
mine has taken me everywhere I wanted and pulled many other 4X4s out of a hole.
1605917181838.png
1605913720252.png
I do have Swivel Rifle rest for the back when needed
1605917999904.png

Last edited:

GotDraw?

WKR
Ahhh- Tanks...

Back when Army surplus stores actually sold real military hardware, an older buddy of mine (true high-IQ genius) and his friend, both of whom were around 19 at the time, bought a tank, a fully functional mortar with dummy rounds that could be fueled to fly using compressed/solid smokeless powder (special method he shared), twin 50 cals with butterfly trigger and ammo & tracers, AND BEST OF ALL, a fully functional bazooka (with live rounds and the special helmet)! Also bought a couple demo land mines used for training.

He and another buddy ran the tank around their farms breaking 6" diameter trees like matchsticks, they'd also fire dummy mortar rounds from one of their farms over to the other farm and call in range corrections on their huge army walkie talkie radios. They sold the tank when they got tired of buying barrels of diesel.

Best story from my buddy is this one-- His dad ran a construction company and had a couple dump truck loads of sand dumped out in the back yard in a huge pile. My buddy, in his then teenage exuberance saw what every other 19 year old full of testosterone would see. OPPORTUNITY! He grabs his bazooka and a LIVE round, hooks the wires to the round, pulls on the "official" bazooka helmet with face shield, aims at the pile and then he SENDS IT!!!

The round flies true, hits the huge pile of sand, and KABOOOOOM! sand flies everywhere! The whole house shakes, my buddy (in a daze) thanks God that the pile of sand was no closer or the concussion could have been deadly. His father comes flying out the back door, sees my buddy with the bazooka still on this shoulder and looking a little dazed. His dad is FURIOUS, but restrained- he grabs a shovel, pushes it into my buddy's hand and says Dan, "you put every single grain of it back where it was", then turns and walks back into the house.

Second best story from Dan. He and the same buddy by a full ammo box of 30 cal tracer rounds. The put a 20 gallon propane tank 200 yards downrange on one of their farms, send a couple regular 30 cal rounds into it and wait a while, then they send a tracer. From what he told me, that air/fuel bomb just about blew both of them down even at that distance. He told me he was glad the tank was no closer. Apparently a huge explosion.

Dan was a great friend for many years until cancer finally kicked his ass. A true genius that did great spook-shit back in the cold war.

JL

Last edited:

GotDraw?

WKR
Eh, not going anywhere my Toyota won’t
@Carpenterant -

Perhaps, but unlike a Toyota, a tank don't give 2 fu*ks about door dings. With a tank, if you want a parking spot that has a lifted Tacoma sitting in it, you roll right over and put your tank on top of it.

And best of all--

While someone might come after your Tacoma rice-burner with a case of road rage, no one would ever pick a fight with you if you were in a tank. Tank don't "think" it's bad ass, it IS bad ass.

JL

Last edited:

GotDraw?

WKR
If it’s anything like everything else I used in the army it would be stuck in motor pool broke half the time
Or if a Tacoma, sitting in a dealer service bay on a lift and getting a new frame to replace the original one that rusted out.

Pick your poison

JL

Last edited: