Serving jigs

tnfiddler

FNG
I am finally going to start doing my own serving . After trying to relocate a brass nock I buggered up my serving. Do the cheapo jigs on Amazon perform as well as more expensive ones, should I look a specific type of serving and do I even need a jig? Thanks in advance

I am finally going to start doing my own serving . After trying to relocate a brass nock I buggered up my serving. Do the cheapo jigs on Amazon perform as well as more expensive ones, should I look a specific type of serving and do I even need a jig? Thanks in advance
You definitely need a jig. Cheap ones work, but I prefer the Bear Paw jig as it is much easier to dial in the tension. 3 Rivers archery has them for 30 bucks and they are worth the price. I use Halo for my center serving material.

Thanks for advice, I don't like buying twice
This is definitely something I would pay a little more for quality on. "Works slightly better" gets magnified tremendously when you have to repeat the operation of spinning the jig around the string a hundred times or whatever it ends up being for a center serving. Good advice and good for you taking it to heart.