WTS Shipping to Canada

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had some items I was going to sell to one of our users here on Rokslide who lives in Alberta. When checking Fed-Ex and UPS I was blown away by the costs and delivery times. Does anyone have any solid info or advice on this. I want to sell the guy the items, but don’t want him to miss out, something get stuck in customs or any other concerns or issues. Thanks

mt100gr.

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I shipped another member a jacket in December, I believe. He just received it. He was willing to pay the shipping, but it cost almost $70. The package sat in LA for a few weeks....I figured it was lost, but sure enough, the tracking numbers showed some action and customs released it to head north.

My state shares a border with Canada...😲

All depends upon how much faith you have in those carriers...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I had multiple bad experiences with Canada/Int’l shipping 10 years ago so switched US only, can only imagine delays would be worse now considering everything in the news lately..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Shipping to Canada isn't difficult, just expensive and takes time. If the buyer understands this, its not a big issue.

Last time I shipped something to Canada, it had issues at customs and the buyer ended up paying some fees to get the item released. He was not happy. Its been 7 years since then and I havent shipped anything outside the US because it was a pain dealing with the buyer.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ship ONLY via USPS so that way once it enters Canada is comes Canada post and everything is good to go. Ship via other vendors and the buyer will get dinged for fee's at the other end. Anything from US to CAN always USPS from my experience.

C.payne

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I live in Canada and buy and sell a ton from you guys in the US.
Honestly there is nothing different except the cost of shipping.
As mentioned here USPS turns into Canada Post at the border and in general it is the best way to ship.
That being said I have had other items like a Kifaru 8 man tipi and stove shipped up by UPS and had zero issues.
The main thing for the Canadian buyer to understand is that he shouldn’t expect the US seller to sell the item at their TYD price. I am always up front about being in Canada and offer to pay extra for the shipping.
To everyone that has sold me gear and shipped it my way I really appreciate it!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
As mentioned here USPS turns into Canada Post at the border and in general it is the best way to ship.
That being said I have had other items like a Kifaru 8 man tipi and stove shipped up by UPS and had zero issues.
The main thing for the Canadian buyer to understand is that he shouldn’t expect the US seller to sell the item at their TYD price. I am always up front about being in Canada and offer to pay extra for the shipping.

I would be willing to ship USPS to Canada again on the conditions that buyer pays actual shipping cost after the fact, minus the estimated cost for domestic shipping. Good communication ahead of time about expectations would be more critical.

hockey7

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live in Ontario, and can't understand why U.S. sellers won't ship to Canada.
I've been refused several times on expensive items, even if I offer to pay for extra shipping costs.
U.S.P.S is the least expensive, and tracking is accurate and available.
Any reasons why some of you won't ship to Canada?

C.payne

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would be willing to ship USPS to Canada again on the conditions that buyer pays actual shipping cost after the fact, minus the estimated cost for domestic shipping. Good communication ahead of time about expectations would be more critical.

Yes. I have done this many times. I pay for the item then pay the balance of the shipping once the seller sends me a copy of the receipt.
Good communication is key. And the buyer needs to be fair otherwise it just builds hesitancy with sellers not wanting to deal with the hassle.

reaper

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had multiple bad experiences with Canada/Int’l shipping 10 years ago so switched US only, can only imagine delays would be worse now considering everything in the news lately..

I bought A LOT and also sold many many gear here and it always been perfect but yeah the cost are outrageous.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
X2 brother
Looking at my gear in the garage and it all came from rokslide members and 95% of them are in the USA.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I live in Ontario, and can't understand why U.S. sellers won't ship to Canada.
I've been refused several times on expensive items, even if I offer to pay for extra shipping costs.
U.S.P.S is the least expensive, and tracking is accurate and available.
Any reasons why some of you won't ship to Canada?

For me, if buyers are as helpful as @C.payne in accommodating the seller, then it’s a no-brainer to ship to Canada. But buyers from Canada have often asked me “how much for shipping to Canada?”—that’s time and research Id rather not spend figuring out, especially when I could get the quote wrong and be stuck with forking out the actual shipping cost anyway to keep my word. Besides we already have a huge market of interested parties here in the US when selling popular models of sporting equipment. Offer to buy the item at asking price, then offer to send a second payment for the receipt balance or receipt balance minus what it would have cost them to ship to US buyer, and I think you’ll find that will neutralize a lot of hesitancy in shipping to Canada.

Cheers

C.payne

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For me, if buyers are as helpful as @C.payne in accommodating the seller, then it’s a no-brainer to ship to Canada. But buyers from Canada have often asked me “how much for shipping to Canada?”—that’s time and research Id rather not spend figuring out, especially when I could get the quote wrong and be stuck with forking out the actual shipping cost anyway to keep my word. Besides we already have a huge market of interested parties here in the US when selling popular models of sporting equipment. Offer to buy the item at asking price, then offer to send a second payment for the receipt balance or receipt balance minus what it would have cost them to ship to US buyer, and I think you’ll find that will neutralize a lot of hesitancy in shipping to Canada.

Cheers

I 100% agree with @Peregrine1
Canadian buyers, please make the transaction as easy and fair as possible.
We do not have the selection up here of higher end products. Especially when it comes to quality used gear.
Don’t ruin it for the rest of us Canadians with ridiculous requests and unrealistic expectations.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My mother shipped a robe to her sister in Alberta as a gift. To her shock, shipping cost $60...almost as much as the robe itself. And I think she said it took a month to get there.

tater

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Like others here, as a BC resident i have shipped and received a lot of items to/from the U.S.

I fully agree that Canadian purchasers should:
do the shipping cost legwork (less than five minutes if going USPS and you know the ZIP code of the seller)​
Be willing to pay the cost differential- the seller shouldn't be expected to lose at their end due to increased shipping expenses​
Be prepared for not only GST/PST but at times ridiculous tariffs on items that are not U.S. made​
Be patient and realistic about delivery times and not be a pita for the seller. If you need it quickly, be prepared to pay FEDEX rates (including the ridiculous flat rate brokerage fees).​
For our U.S. folks, just remember that we can't use Venmo or Zelle up here so we are stuck with Paypal...as crappy as it is.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Didn't read the whole thread but one in Canada can rent a PO box across the border, like say for example in AB my cousin rents a PO box in Coutts just across on the American side so he gets things shipped there, drives down and picks them up. I'll be using his PO box if I buy anything from an American here just to save the hassle.