Shocking bark collar

KurtR

WKR
Garmin sport pro 550 . It has a bark function. Any trainer that quits in a week probably shouldn’t be training. I would find some one who is actually good and show you the why the dog is barking and get to the bottom of it. You can’t leave the collar on all the time it will cause sores and they will get infected

Sport Dog, Dogtra or Garmin. Don't waste your money on a sub $50 amazon unit

Depends on how smart your dog is how well or frequent it will work. My wife had a dog that barked incessantly. I hated that POS. Tried the progressive setting and the dog knew he could get a certain number of barks in before it started hurting. So I changed the collar to blast him right at first bark. The dog knew when he wasn't wearing the collar too. That dog would bark at birds, turtles, trees, nothing.

KurtR

WKR
Dogs are smart but its not rocket science. They are conditioned to do what they do. Just like the guy that slaps the collar on and hammers on the button. The dog is then conditioned that when the collar is on im going to get shocked and is collar wise. The collar is a tool not an answer. Figure out why the dog is barking than use either positive or negative response. Figuring out how to fix the behavior is way better for both the dog and the human than just putting a band aid on and using a collar to cover up a problem. But people are lazy and blame the dog for their short comings on how to teach it what to do and not do.

Talking to some one who understands the why is the first step. KD Mathews is a guy who is in the bite game and really can help understand the reasons why its doing what it does

IdahoFF

FNG
Sportdog or Garmin work great. Make sure it's snug and placed appropriately. I've used both off and on for years. Dogs wise up to them pretty quick. Anymore all I have to do is show it to them and they'll quiet down. Funny thing is they can differentiate between the ecollar = "Fun" and bark collar = go lay down

Mike 338

WKR
Unfortunately thaylt won't work either.. when he was a puppy he was sent to a k9 handler, and after a week of being trained/boarded the dog came home. The gf asked how it went and the handler just laughed. He specializes in police dogs/German shepards

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Any chance you got the wrong guy?

OP
F
Any chance you got the wrong guy?
I don't think so... the dogs parents are brother and sister that were allowed to breed accidently because they are guard dogs for a farm and don't come inside. So my GFs dog is a little retarded and the runt of the litter.
The parents are good smart dogs and come from good lines. Unfortunately the gf had baby fever and got a worthless dog instead

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Sounds like a calamity of errors from gsd's guarding a farm through the whole process. I dont know that i would be calling the dog retarded..........

Mcfish

FNG
Some dogs are just flat stupid. We had working dogs on the farm growing up and the idiots just got shot.

Sounds like this inbred potlicker needs a lead supplement.

Brooks

WKR
I have two male labs that are about 16 months old. One would always run after elk whenever they came near the house the other one wouldn’t. I got a Garmin Sport Pro that also has a bark limiter on it and waited until I saw an elk in a pasture one day. I put the collar on him and let him out, he ran off towards the elk.

The elk took off running with the dog behind him I turned the controller up as high as it would go and pressed the hot button and yelled for him to come back, when I hit the button he did a flip and came running home and has never chased another elk. I have never had to light him up again. Now if I want him to come back to me I just press the tone button and he stops what he’s doing and comes right to me.