Shrewd Grip vs. Ultraview Beereal for Mathews VXR

I Love my new VXR but I'm having issues with maintaining a consistent grip with the thin engage grip. Looking for feedback on the Shrewd and Beereal. I shoot QAD fixed blade heads and since my arrows are a touch short I like the idea of the extra finger protection with the Beereal. Thoughts?

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the beereal last week for my Mathews vertix. I think I’m having grip issues as well. If the grip settles too low in the palm I tend to shoot right. I’m hoping I’ll be able to keep a consistent Grip with the beereal. I looked at the shrewd, but the website said it may have clearance issues with my rest so I went beereal.

MT257

WKR
I as well was a bit uncomfortable with the grip, I just took a roll of vet wrap and it seemed to help out. Cost 2.99.

Sled

WKR
i had the hda kit (had both the wide and narrow girps) on my triax that helped a little. the mathews bows of late that i shot were particular on grip. some like low wrist and others like the triax shot better with a high grip. the adjustable helped figure that out for me. recently i sold the bow

OP
B
I as well was a bit uncomfortable with the grip, I just took a roll of vet wrap and it seemed to help out. Cost 2.99.
Thanks. I will mess around with some tape or move to a different grip.

OP
B
i had the hda kit (had both the wide and narrow girps) on my triax that helped a little. the mathews bows of late that i shot were particular on grip. some like low wrist and others like the triax shot better with a high grip. the adjustable helped figure that out for me. recently i sold the bow
Looks like the HDA grip has a flat contour like the shrewd and beereal and that looks to be a more stable design. Thanks

Squirrels

WKR
I had same issues with my Traverse. Ordered a Shrewd and don't like it, it is just to slick. My hand wants to slide way up in the throat with to much pressure. Ordered my BeeReal 2 weeks ago, still waiting. Been shooting it with no grip at all lately. If the BeeReal doesn't work for me I will be ordering some side plates I guess.

I have the Ultraview BeeReal grip on my Traverse and VXR. I really like it. It definitely feels chunkier in your hand but the back is flat and very repeatable. It adds a bit of angle as well which suits my grip well. I haven't tried a Shrewd engage grip but I did have one on my TRX and I switched it out with the Jesse Broadwater grip and I like it better.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sammymusi

WKR
I had issues as well took my grip off wrapped with head tape . Love it .. its a touch long now when I draw but I'm getting used to it and have been shooting alot more consistent rather than left or right

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Ultraview BeeReal grip on my Traverse and VXR. I really like it. It definitely feels chunkier in your hand but the back is flat and very repeatable. It adds a bit of angle as well which suits my grip well. I haven't tried a Shrewd engage grip but I did have one on my TRX and I switched it out with the Jesse Broadwater grip and I like it better.

I’m glad to hear there is more angle. I think that is going to help my grip. My last bow had more forward angle and felt more natural.

On my VXR 31.5 I had to remove the grip as well. I went with the engage side plates and they’ve been good so far.

OP
B

I think I will try the BeeReal and hope I achieve a repeatable grip as well. The shelf seems to provide good protection from BH's as well. Thanks

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my shipping notification this morning. Ordered last Monday. I’ll report back once installed.

OP
B
I just got my shipping notification this morning. Ordered last Monday. I’ll report back once installed.
How did you place your order? I've been checking the website and sent an e-mail to their customer support and the website continues to state, "out of stock."

Sled

WKR
Looks like the HDA grip has a flat contour like the shrewd and beereal and that looks to be a more stable design. Thanks

Here's a photo of the hda with hunter pro on it.

I like that it can be slick as it allows the bow to slide right to a natural sitting point on the thumb pad. Less likely to torque than the factory grip.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_195815.jpg
    IMG_20200509_195815.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 116

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
How did you place your order? I've been checking the website and sent an e-mail to their customer support and the website continues to state, "out of stock."
I just looked back at the website and they are all out of stock. I must’ve ordered at just the right time