SiCo New Can - Scythe-Ti…hunting perfection?

Tahoe1305

WKR
This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for.

Was hoping the Alaskan 360 would fit the bill but appears it doesn’t. Fingers crossed on this.

~6”
~7oz
(Depending on brake or not).

As quiet (by their metering) as omega300/ultra7.

Should be great (fingers crossed ).

TheCougar

WKR
I talked with the Capitol Armory guys while putting an order in for a Nomad Ti. He told me about the Scythe and said it is lighter and quieter than the Nomad. I told him I thought it was too good to be true like the Rugged Alaskan, but he assured me it is an excellent can. So now I guess I wait...
@Cameron.25

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I backordered one at captiol armory. Paid more then silencer shop by about 125.
My experience with silencer shop has not been positive. My experiences with capitol armory very positive.

TheCougar

WKR
I backordered one at captiol armory. Paid more then silencer shop by about 125.
My experience with silencer shop has not been positive. My experiences with capitol armory very positive.
Like what? I’m waiting on a Mask from SS. Has been an easy experience so far.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Like what? I’m waiting on a Mask from SS. Has been an easy experience so far.

The dealer is the problem. You get your can not only based on how long the ATF takes but also how long the dealer takes to submit the paperwork correctly and notify you its stamped and returned.

Silencer shop is just a conglomeration of different class 3 dealers. Silencer shop still needs the dealer to do their part. Some are better then others. I have tried 4 different dealers around me in total. 1 was flat out bad (SS) 1 was just ok (SS). 1 was good but they were real jerks to deal with when picking up the can (SS). 1 has been awesome all the way around (CA)

Since then Capitol armory has been the best overall experience consistently so far over half a dozen plus cans. To the point I dont even try to mess with other dealers if captiol armory doesnt have what I want I buy it elsewhere and pay the transfer fee to send it to capitol armory. They literally got a AB raptor delivered for me yesterday at 1630 and the docusign is already complete and the e form will be done by friday.

Last edited:

gabenzeke

WKR
The dealer is the problem. You get your can not only based on how long the ATF takes but also how long the dealer takes to submit the paperwork correctly and notify you its stamped and returned.

Silencer shop is just a conglomeration of different class 3 dealers. Silencer shop still needs the dealer to do their part. Some are better then others. I have tried 4 different dealers around me in total. 1 was flat out bad (SS) 1 was just ok (SS). 1 was good but they were real jerks to deal with when picking up the can (SS). 1 has been awesome all the way around (CA)

Since then Capitol armory has been the best overall experience consistently so far over half a dozen plus cans. To the point I dont even try to mess with other dealers if captiol armory doesnt have what I want I buy it elsewhere and pay the transfer fee to send it to capitol armory. They literally got a AB raptor delivered for me yesterday at 1630 and the docusign is already complete and the e form will be done by friday.
Personally, I'm annoyed with silencer shops qa process. I had heard they brag about their quality checks to make sure everything goes through. But they initially sold me a single shot trust that isn't legal in my state. No big deal, they called a few days later and explained it and sent over a new trust for me to sign. I admittedly didn't read through it carefully and they transposed two letters in my name in one spot. Again, I know I probably should have caught this, but considering they typed it up and sent it for signatures you would think the spelling of names would be something a qa process would catch. After a 9 month wait I was denied for the names not matching and had to recertify and start over. I know people are going to say this is my fault, but having run QA programs in large corporations in the past I feel like this is a dumb problem to have. They obviously put the blame squarely on me when I reached out. Oh well, lesson learned.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

TxLite

WKR
I talked with the Capitol Armory guys while putting an order in for a Nomad Ti. He told me about the Scythe and said it is lighter and quieter than the Nomad. I told him I thought it was too good to be true like the Rugged Alaskan, but he assured me it is an excellent can. So now I guess I wait...
@Cameron.25
I’m not sure I’d be spending any money with dead air at the moment. Seems like they are not having a good time

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I’m not sure I’d be spending any money with dead air at the moment. Seems like they are not having a good time

Can you expand on what your talking about.
I have a dead air mask 22 hd and a sandman Ti and I have been extremely pleased with both cans.

TxLite

WKR
Can you expand on what your talking about.
I have a dead air mask 22 hd and a sandman Ti and I have been extremely pleased with both cans.
I have a mask that’s been phenomenal.

But if you go look at any of their social media pages, they are having some serious issues with the sierra 5 cans, quality control, and customer service.

Guys are having cans blow up and can’t get ahold of CS for repairs. Any repairs that are happening are taking months.

Just not looking good for them as a company at the moment.

TheCougar

WKR
I talked with a different guy at Capitol Armory today. He told me that he has shot it and it does perform better than a Nomad Ti in terms of suppression. He didn’t have anything bad to say about it other than that a Nomad Ti with an EBrake would probably have more recoil reduction, but that was a guess. I called SilencerCo and you can pair the Scythe with an ASR muzzle brake inside the can for improved recoil reduction. Not sure what the weight penalty is, but I don’t really care since it’s mainly for range day. Jury is still out as I would like to see some more folks shoot the scythe before I buy it.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
I talked with a different guy at Capitol Armory today. He told me that he has shot it and it does perform better than a Nomad Ti in terms of suppression. He didn’t have anything bad to say about it other than that a Nomad Ti with an EBrake would probably have more recoil reduction, but that was a guess. I called SilencerCo and you can pair the Scythe with an ASR muzzle brake inside the can for improved recoil reduction. Not sure what the weight penalty is, but I don’t really care since it’s mainly for range day. Jury is still out as I would like to see some more folks shoot the scythe before I buy it.
Penalty would be ~2oz.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
I can weight at home. Should just be brake. Should screw into end cap in place of existing brake.

@Cameron.25
Damn you.. guess I'll have to check it out now haha 😜

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
This suppressor checks all the boxes that I'm looking for in a hunting suppressor. The price tag is a little higher than I want to spend though.