Side by side

I've had one about a year. Pros: trail width (50 inches), reliable, easy to work on, no belt drive (transmission), holds value, can be rigged with a custom bed (holds 400 lbs), very fuel efficient. Cons: a little slow, suspension is a little stiff, no cab storage. 9/10 would buy again since it's perfect for what I need it for.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Thanks. Looking for something better than 4 wheeler to get me from truck to trailhead were I hunt. Dont need speed or cool factor just reliability and space.

ahlgringo

WKR
Had one for 3 yrs now. Echo the above. I would add that the stock skid plates are junk- really just plastic covers, if you are going over rocky terrain- invest in better plates- Buddy fabbed some up for mine out of 1/4” diamond plate. Thing is now pretty bulletproof. The granny gear will damn near climb a wall— slowly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one for 3 yrs now. Echo the above. I would add that the stock skid plates are junk- really just plastic covers, if you are going over rocky terrain- invest in better plates- Buddy fabbed some up for mine out of 1/4” diamond plate. Thing is now pretty bulletproof. The granny gear will damn near climb a wall— slowly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points. I got locked on the wrong side of a forest service gate last year in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain. That first gear crawled down and back up a slope I don't think an ATV could have handled. The longer wheelbase helps a lot.

bigmoose

WKR
I've been thinking of one of these but was worried about not have a low range. You guys that have the 500... do you think 1st gear is low enough to run 27's ?

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
I've had one a couple years. and love it. I plow about a quarter mile road, easily loads into pickup, a trailer tongue box fits the rack perfect, and I run 26's with no problem. I know people who run 27's but I think 26's are perfect for how its geared.