SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Matt I am just checking in again. Any development? Also is there a better way of keeping tabs without posting in the forum?

Unfortunately there's no automated way to stay up to date. The best way would be to check out our website from time to time. When we have them and they are available, that's we're they'll get listed first.

JustinRB

FNG
So I don’t feel bad responding to this.
I’m toying around with the idea of buying a cross.
Don’t have Sig cans so the taper is a moot point for me.

I do have an Omega36M that I’d be using on it
Provided I can get a solid enough mount up

What are my choices in getting that solid mount?
Using the little adapter that comes with it? Ordering a Q planB cherry bomb?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So I don’t feel bad responding to this.
I’m toying around with the idea of buying a cross.
Don’t have Sig cans so the taper is a moot point for me.

I do have an Omega36M that I’d be using on it
Provided I can get a solid enough mount up

What are my choices in getting that solid mount?
Using the little adapter that comes with it? Ordering a Q planB cherry bomb?

We currently shoot a cross with our carbon barrel and the 36m. Currently using one of SiCo's muzzle brak QD mounts. Works great. You can also get a charlie mount-direct thread. Also works great. If you want to stick with the factory barrel, the rifle does come with an adapter to give it a square shoulder. - matt

JustinRB

FNG
We currently shoot a cross with our carbon barrel and the 36m. Currently using one of SiCo's muzzle brak QD mounts. Works great. You can also get a charlie mount-direct thread. Also works great. If you want to stick with the factory barrel, the rifle does come with an adapter to give it a square shoulder. - matt
Does that adapter work really well?
If there’s anything I’ve learned it’s that the more you have between barrel and baffles the worse off you’ll be

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used mine quite a bit before getting a QD mount and it worked great. No POI shift or anything. Accuracy remained unchanged. Now, you could get a bad one or something i guess, but I haven't heard or seen any issue with them so far. - matt

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any chance a 22-250 would be possible? Thinking this would be a fun coyote setup.

Serious question, why? A 22 creed out performs and with this platform, magazines aren’t an issue as you can use same mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ac338

WKR
Serious question, why? A 22 creed out performs and with this platform, magazines aren’t an issue as you can use same mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly I’m just now slowly getting the supplies to get into reloading, so I was looking at something that I would be able to buy factory ammo for if this reloading thing doesn’t work out.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly I’m just now slowly getting the supplies to get into reloading, so I was looking at something that I would be able to buy factory ammo for if this reloading thing doesn’t work out.
that makes sense. 22 creed is becoming more popular but if you went to the store today, I bet there's a handful of selections for the ol 22-250

New to the forum here. I got my 20" 22-250 (1 in 14" twist) barrel from Schnee's a while ago, just swapped out the 6.5 barrel after rifle season and worked up a decent load with Varget and Speer SP 50 grain bullets. It shoots about as well as you could ask of any setup, gonna be a great predator rig. Running an Eotech Vudu 5-25 (Tremor 3) during the day for a nice, compact rig. 22.250.1.jpeg22.250.2.jpegSig.jpeg

MoH08

FNG
Hi Matt, any update on the barrel extensions? Thank you and happy new year.

saintzman

FNG
Unfortunately there's no automated way to stay up to date. The best way would be to check out our website from time to time. When we have them and they are available, that's we're they'll get listed first.
Been checking the site. Still no update on this? I would love to pick one up! :)

saintzman

FNG
I give you the mythical SIG CROSS barrel extensions... Before you ask, no these are not for sale, i can't give you one and i can't tell you where/how i got them. I can tell you we are going to make our own and will be doing so as soon as possible... - matt
Matt! I must have one. Please make them available!!!

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
PSA: we have come accross a fraudulent website posing as a SIG website and advertising our barrels. DO NOT order or give any info to this website.

saintzman

FNG
Heads Up, we just got some barrels in that are on hand and available to ship as of 1/19/23 @11:45MST

20" 22-250 1:9"
20" 6mm Creed 1:8"
22" 6.5x47lapua 7.5"
I'm looking for a jam nut torque spec for the barrel that goes into the sig Cross barrel extension. If I reuse my barrel extension what do I torque the new barrel into it at?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm looking for a jam nut torque spec for the barrel that goes into the sig Cross barrel extension. If I reuse my barrel extension what do I torque the new barrel into it at?

I've been unable to get the specs on this as well. I use 45-50 ft/lbs as it's a common spec for barrel nuts. Its worked for me so far, but your mileage may vary. *Use this info at your own risk, I am not a gunsmith.

- matt

I am new to posting on Rokslide but have read plenty from the website when doing research. My sig cross 6mm creedmoor barrel just showed up in the mail. I am so frickin excited. Now I need to decide what to do with an unfired .308 barrel and find a gunsmith that is willing to put it together in Montana. Thank you Matt at Schnees.