Sig Sauer Kilo 10k Gen 2 Rangefinder Binos out!

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm in the market for some new binos. There are a lot of great options right now. I've played with a set of EL Range TAs and see them going lightly used for about the same price as these Kilos. Not to even mention the Revics. Tough choices.

Weldor

WKR
Had a pair Gen 1's, great rangefinder . Optic wasn't so great. Hope Gen 2's are better in low light and no blue tint. Following .

SloppyJ

WKR
Had a pair Gen 1's, great rangefinder . Optic wasn't so great. Hope Gen 2's are better in low light and no blue tint. Following .
The ads say it's 95% better in low light. What that translates to in the field, I'm not sure, but I'm interested. Seems like the low light problems were the biggest complaint and then the blue tint closely followed but only bothered some people. From their description, it seems both of these might be fixed.

My big question is warranty. Still waiting on info on that.

SloppyJ

WKR
Can’t believe these don’t have more hype right now.
Been playing with mine quite a bit. They are great. I'm surprised there isn't more talk either. The blue tint is a non issue and the upgrades seem to be substantial over the first gen.

Thejet

WKR
Been playing with mine quite a bit. They are great. I'm surprised there isn't more talk either. The blue tint is a non issue and the upgrades seem to be substantial over the first gen.
Is there still a blue tint just less or is it basically gone?

SloppyJ

WKR
Is there still a blue tint just less or is it basically gone?
What they've done is lessen it to the point of not noticing it. I'll preface this with the fact I have a corneal disease and I'm left eye dominant now due to the vision in both eyes, but mostly my right, degrading.

I can tell a very light blue tint on the right eyepiece only. However, when you look through both eyes, somehow it's non existent. I didn't own a pair of gen 1s but I've handled them quite a bit and it's night and day between them. You tube reviews probably won't show this because they'll get a pic out of the left eye piece. I'll see if I can get any sort of picture to capture it. My tripod shows up Tuesday so I'll want to bust it out and play with them then.

Personally, I think this is one of the best on the market and a much stronger contender now that they've fixed the tint issue. Inwas interested in the vectronix but found a deal I couldn't pass up on these and they had more history with the electronics so I went that route. The etched reticle in the vectronix is what intriqued me the most.