Signs and symptoms of a elkaholic...

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
September comes back around way too slow. I missed just low on a giant in NM this year and every time I close my eyes I see that red nock pass just under him. Gonna haunt me for the rest of my life. What’s worse is when I think I hear a distant bugle when the closest elk are 300 miles from me😁

OP
go_deep

go_deep

WKR
September comes back around way too slow. I missed just low on a giant in NM this year and every time I close my eyes I see that red nock pass just under him. Gonna haunt me for the rest of my life. What’s worse is when I think I hear a distant bugle when the closest elk are 300 miles from me😁

That's rough, and unfortunately know the feeling.
While it doesn't seem like it, at least you got to experience it. Better than any good day at work.

Gerbdog

WKR
Hi, i am an Elkaholic... and the trouble is... im surrounded by enablers.... all i get is elk hunting gear for Christmas and birthdays.... i spend all my money on it... and then all my friends and family just keep me going if i run out.... i cant even get on the internet without being inundated with elk hunting.... its everywhere i look.

You might be an elkaholic if the only instrument you can play is a bugle tube or cow call mouth reed.....

OP
go_deep

go_deep

WKR
When driving to work (In Mn no less) I meet a truck and trailer and I see 2 sets of elk horns on top of the trailer I get all excited, as it get closer my head starts shaking because it's 2 ladder rack for a siding company.
I to am a elkaholic
862cpg.jpg

Gerbdog

WKR
How much money do you suppose it takes to get outfitted for elk on the low end?
Id join one of the other threads with this question, or, start one. lots goes into that answer - have you hunted before - do you own a tool for killing an elk already - if yes - then you need a tag - and thats it. The rest of it can be overcome with pain / perseverance / pain / staying still when required / pain.

Last edited: