Sissy stix trekking pole?

Cascades have worked fine for me
for the price they have been surprisingly good. I fell with a black diamond pole a few years ago and bent it really good (would have happened to any pole). I got the cascades as a cheap alternative and I have seen no issues at all. I've fallen packing out elk with them and put some really good weight on a single pole and they are holding up just fine. 4 years of use, 12+ elk packouts, lots of slips and falls and they're fine.

You can’t expect them to walk around hunting in 80+ degree weather on dry ground without gaiters. How the crap will we know they are badass hunters?
I have a love hate with gaiters. They help keep my socks dry in the snow, but I really truly hate wearing them. I am only a badass hunter when the snow is knee deep.

Pocoloco

Lil-Rokslider
We ran four sets of Black Diamond FLZ. Crossing a scree field w a busted up ankle and one pole exploded on me. Out of warranty, they gave me like 60% off on replacement poles. I upgraded to the Alpine pole with cork. This is much stronger and I doubt it would have broke, even with me overloading it and torquing to compensate for a busted ankle.

Attachments

• 5F1ED163-6AE1-4271-BCAA-5C45CB26B6EF.jpeg
    5F1ED163-6AE1-4271-BCAA-5C45CB26B6EF.jpeg
    660 KB · Views: 49
  • 0DAA8F99-6EA9-41DE-893E-AF18A37B66CF.png
    0DAA8F99-6EA9-41DE-893E-AF18A37B66CF.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 49

Scoot

WKR
I have a set of black diamonds and a set of Costco cascades and like them about equally.

Lol yeah for sure. I hate gaiters, only time i wear then is in deep snow
I wear them most of the time, but I have some little short ones for most of archery season. I like elk hunting in low tops, and gaiters keep debris out of my shoes and morning dew.

Spring they are necessary to me to keep ticks off me (they really like me) but I don’t wear peax gaiters in nice weather, those are my bad weather gaiters and they are excellent… my old standby was Yukon gaiters, but the peax are better for heavy duty gaiters

I can’t imagine wearing them in the September heat, especially considering they are black

Low tops and short light gaiters are the most breathable option for around here, but I didn’t wear them over East unless spring for tick protection… low tops or mid tops and no gaiters on the coast, most mornings I would have wet feet, and a bunch of crap in my shoes

LionHead

WKR
Does anyonne know if sissy stix can be combined (5 sections of pole) like the BD to pitch a medium height shelter (about 5-6ft tall) ?

I've been using my BD sticks this way; with the last section removed from one pole and spiking the other complete pole into it then adjusting the fliclocs to pitch an LBO or Cimmaron . They Finally gave up the Ghost after I tumble/fell/acrobated my way down the Uintas. They are to bent to adjust now

Beendare

WKR
I bent a Black diamond pole when I slipped on a wet trail- nothing weird but that pole buckled. sucked as those were supposed to be top on the line- not!

I bought a cheap set of heavy duty carbon poles on Amazon and they are bullet proof.

I use black diamond sticks in carbon fiber. I had a cheap aluminum pair I bought from sportsman's for snow shoeing and while they work the aluminum hitting anything is loud as hell. The carbon fiber stixs I have are more durable and quiet if I hit a downed tree or something with it. A good pair of stixs is a lifesaver packing out or gaining a lot of elevation in a short time.