Sitka Gravelly Shell??

Has anyone used the Sitka Gravelly shell yet? Seems like it could be a good jacket with it being a 3 layer Gortex.

Roughout

FNG
Uncertain what your intentions/use would be. It’s as advertised. Packs better than kuiu yukon, heavier than Simms G4. Lacks features. Hood is large enough to fit ski/climb helmet or snugged down to head size. Have no our on scale, but certainly lighter options out there. I wear mine for daily use primarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Interested as well, primarily as a ski jacket, backpacking, mountain biking etc. all of my jackets are neutral colors and I was thinking the rust might be more visible for Backcountry skiing, but still a Earth tone and from a hunting brand.

Why the hell does Sitka not post weight in their specs? (I suspect the answer is “our gear is heavy and expensive and you will buy it anyway”)

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interested as well, primarily as a ski jacket, backpacking, mountain biking etc. all of my jackets are neutral colors and I was thinking the rust might be more visible for Backcountry skiing, but still a Earth tone and from a hunting brand.

Why the hell does Sitka not post weight in their specs? (I suspect the answer is “our gear is heavy and expensive and you will buy it anyway”)

Sitka’s website should just redirect to 1shot gear. https://1shotgear.com/products/sitka-gear-gravelly-shell-80020

sneaky

"DADDY"

Kryptek doesn't post weights on their gear either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, its 18 oz presumably for a size medium?
And that’s company spec?

Good question, I’m not sure. I thought it would be lighter like a solid color dewpoint type jacket. Some items will show a weight on the Sitka site when you compare products, this one doesn’t.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Did any of you pick this up? If so, just curious what you think of it and for use in hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk