Sitka JetStream Jacket Solids Noise

PhotoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Jetstream jacket in Optifade, So I ordered another in moss color because they are on sale (discontinued). The first thing I notice is how much more noise the outer material makes. It is very noticable. Sitka support says they are aware of the noise difference, but the material is the same exact material as in the Optifade. What? If it was the same, the noise would be the same.

Anybody else notice this?

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a camo and a solid color.
According to the tag the camo has a polyester shell material and the solid has a nylon shell

sr80

WKR
i remember having a black jetstream for a bit and i remember the same. The outer is kinda course and rough on the solid and smooth on the open country one.

OP
PhotoHunter

PhotoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
@Saleen1382 I checked the labels - 1 is polyester (quiet), the other is Nylon. Customer service said they are the same.

Thanks for the replies.

Badger327

FNG
I did the same thing. Have an Optifade which I love. Just opened a package with the solid color I received today and it is really noisy. The older jet stream has Gore-Tex Windstopper embroidered on the sleeve. The one I received today has Gore-Tex Infinium embroidered on the sleeve. The Optifade says 100% polyester and the solid color says 92% polyester and 8% elastane/spandex on the tags. I don't think I like it and I'm thinking of returning it.

Ive had a moss version for a few years and its not noisy anymore. No experience with the camo colors. Id say it has to do with the pattern being printed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk