Sitka kelvin aerolite hood adjusty thingy broke

Bought a new kelvin aerolite jacket in November as an around town jacket. Prolly worn it 5x times.

As some of you may know, they updated the drawstring hardware in the hood in the latest version. the stupid disk pully adjusty thingy in the back of hood broke. Of course it is some proprietary whiz bang thing that is not user replaceable. Damn you and your innovations, John Barklow! Damn you to hell!

Anywho…it flops a little and its mildly annoying but not a deal killer. I guess the draw string might start to saw through the fabric at some point. I am half tempted to see if Sitka will warranty it But wonder if it’s worth it.

anyone else had this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_6898.jpeg
    IMG_6898.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
Desk Jockey
Quick update. Sent my hoodie to them mid January. Was a little concerned that it looked like it was going to some third party warranty place. Got a note today that whatever they were going to do was done and they were sending it back. I would say a 4 week response time is fine for a company the size of Sitka. Assuming the replacement or repair takes a couple of weeks to get back to me then we are talking 6 week turnaround. That seems about right. Unfortunately, the way this year has gone, we will probably be wearing shorts n the northeast by then, but that is hardly sitkas fault.

OP
Desk Jockey
Sorry it came back. The put a brass grommet on the fabric where the adjustment toggle ripped out. I guess it works fine although youo can’t adjust it one handed. Not theend of the world but sort of “meh” in terms of the quality of the repair.

My Kelvin Aerolite is the worst, overpriced jacket I've ever purchased. Several issues, but the worst is the zipper. I've had it two winters and both winters, I've had to send it in for repair to the zipper. It completely separates and won't move. It's gone at least 8 weeks each time, so for over 2 months during the winter, I'm unable to wear my $300 coat. This is ridiculous. I will never buy another Sitka product and would highly discourage others from purchasing anything Sitka as I think it's all overpriced for the quality. There are other options at a fraction of the cost that won't let you down.